Day Moon Zen Food - Zi Yuay...

Chinese name 日月禪食, English translates to Sun Moon Zen Food. Typical yet concise vegetarian Taiwanese restaurant menu. Many items are vegan suitable. Menu in Chinese only. Simple nice decor with white tablecloth tables. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Taiwanese
68, Nan Ning St (Zhongxi District)
Tainan, Taiwan 70051

sweets stag
sweets stag

Delicious Food, Cute Restaurant

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2013

I have eaten here twice, and both experiences were excellent. The restaurant serves vegetarian versions of several taiwanese traditional dishes, including noodle bowls.

During my visits, I tried the sesame oil hotpot, pea greens, purple rice, 2 noodle bowl combinations, and their sweet red bean dessert. Every single bite was delicious. My favorite was the pumpkin noodle bowl.

The owners seem very excited about their food, and explained to my (Taiwanese) friend all of the special things they do to prepare it.

Note that the menu is in Mandarin, and the owners do not speak much English.

The atmosphere is quaint; warm and calming. Service was fast and attentive. The cost was slightly higher than what one would pay for similar street-side (non-vegetarian) fare, however I would say it is well worth the cost.

I was impressed with this restaurant and can't wait to return!

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Atmosphere
Cons: Mandarin Only Menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Day Moon Zen Food - Zi Yuay Tsian Shir: