Dalat Oriental Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Has vegan options featuring soy products. Many things on the menu can be made vegan upon request. Large portions. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Vietnamese, Non-veg
2109 Avent Ferry Rd Ste 110 (Mission Valley Shopping Center)
Raleigh, North Carolina 27606
919-832-7449

First Review by Vedas
maplescraft
maplescraft

veg friendly but not actually friendly

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2012

The food is good and the menu is large, but that's not enough to keep me coming back. The servers are unfriendly and unhelpful. The last straw was when my husband was served a dish he clearly didn't order. It had pineapple in it and was absent of potatoes. When we pointed this out to the waitress she offered to bring him some potatoes. How lazy! He asked for new dish, one without pinneapple like the one he ordered. Also, if your dish comes with an egg roll, you wont get one. They never have vegetarian ones, even though they are listed on the menu. And they wont offer substitutions. They do have good fresh spring rolls though but they are 5-6 bucks extra. For some reason this place gets good ratings from Indy weekly and citysearch... which is weird because its always empty when I go there. Really I think it speaks more to the lack of good Chinese restaurants in the triangle. I prefer Thai and sushi in the area, but I'm still looking

RM
RM

Woo!

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2011

We happened across Dalat after seeing it posted here on Happy Cow and were excited to find a Vietnamese restaurant that had a good selection of veggie options.
We were not disappointed and I can honestly say that Dalat would definitely be a staple if we lived in Raleigh. As has been mentioned, the portions are large. I had the 12 inch grilled tofu sub while my husband had the tofu on crispy noodles, but it was difficult to choose with so many options on the menu (can't say that very often!). Both dishes were flavorful and satisfying.
One thing to note is that the "grilled tofu" (which is $1 more than the regular tofu) is not really grilled tofu. It is the pressed, dense tofu slices that you can get from an asian grocery store. These turned out to be a good match for the sub as they have a more "meaty" mouth feel and chewier texture.
The atmosphere was laid back and the service was great. After I try a few more dishes I may bump this to a five.

lisammarshall
lisammarshall

Good food

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2010

Tasty food, great portions but the carpet needs a changing...

Pros: good value, friendly staff
Cons: old carpeting

Vedas
Vedas

Vietnamese Dining

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2009

Vietnamese restaurant with not the usual veggie options. They have a grilled tofu here not like the usual cubed tofu you get at most Asian places. I mostly stick with the vermicelli with grilled tofu and the occasional veggie roll. You can get peanut sauce and skip the fish sauce. Portions are large. They also have veggie subs with the grilled tofu which are excellent. Service can be hit or miss sometimes depending on the crowd, they are usually understaffed.

Pros: Change from the normal chinese tofu dish, Fresh ingredients
Cons: Serice hit or miss, Needs a renovation inside

Dear Owner and Manager of Dalat Oriental Restaurant: