Daily Groceries

First Review by vegan feral
sophiefrenchfry
sophiefrenchfry

Great place for shopping or quick lunch

5 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2014

The daily co-op is a great establishment in Athens. While the store is small, they stock a diverse selection of organic fruits and vegetables, bulk goods, and other lovely food items. They have fresh bread from a couple of local bakeries. As others have mentioned, their vegan sandwiches in the deli case are not to be missed. My personal favorite is the Bahn Mi. They have limited seating out front at a couple of picnic tables. You get a discount on coffee or tea if you bring your own cup.

ladedededa
ladedededa

Best Hangover/Lazy Food

5 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2014

Awesome sandwiches, great for picking up for a picnic or something when you're pressed for time. The tempeh reuban is the only thing I crave when I'm hungover. Easy healthy food within walking distance of downtown.

patgoral
patgoral

THE HOLY GRAIL!

5 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2011

I love Daily Co-op! I go there at least twice a week! The vegan samdwiches are great, I love the vegan bahn mi, reuben, and blt! They are a little pricier than most mainstream grocers, but I like supporting a local business. They have a vast bulk food area with TVP, nutritional yeast, and more! It is great!

Pros: Great sandwiches, helpfull staff, Great bulk area
Cons: small
vegan feral
vegan feral

A Great Place to Shop and Eat

5 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2010

The Daily is a great place to shop and eat. They have the best vegan sandwiches! Even meat eaters will be satisfies with their vegg salad sandwiches. Their Temph Ruben sandwich is also fantastic. Be warned- the food from the deli case is addicting.

Members of the co-op get a discount but everyone in the community is welcome to shop there. I am not a member but I am treated like family every time I enter the store. I wish the Daily was closer to my house or I would shop there more often.

While the store is small and the shelves are stocked based on demand, the selection is surprisingly large. The volunteers offer great advice on the products and are often eager to share recipes and tips.

Pros: amazing deli food, friendly and knowledgable staff, supports local community
Cons: small