Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food menu that includes a vegetarian section where some of the dishes are vegan suitable or can be made vegan by request. The daily evening buffet items are labeled. Will also make gluten free by request. Large selection of beer. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Maiyn
EdwardSmith
EdwardSmith

Great Restaurant

4 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2013

Have had the buffet many times. Great veg food available. Lots of healthy choices. Busy on weekends. There is a buffet at lunch time and one at supper time. Different price for each buffet. All buffet items were clearly marked each time I ate there.

Friendly, brisk table service, polite, unrushed. Love the chai tea, too.

Have arrived thinking I am so hungry I will eat three plate-fulls at buffet but find I am full after one and a half plates.

Naan of your choice is included in price of buffet. A la carte menu available. Be clear about vegan requests for a la carte.

Comfortable Indian atmosphere. I used street parking but I am not sure if they have a lot of their own.

Summer business hours for restuarant may be later than winter hours of service.

Pros: Great veg food, Buffet available , Friendly service
Cons: Busy on weekends, go early, Supper buffet is more expensive , Closes earlier during winter
Posi Britt
Posi Britt

Om nom nom

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

I come here mostly for the buffets. But man are they good. Everything is labelled and if you still aren't sure ask the servers. They are more than happy to let you know for sure what is vegan and what isn't. Make sure to order your naan without butter though. The staff are always lovely and the atmosphere is awesome.

Pros: veggie stuff labelled, helpful staff, great buffets
Cons: can be busy, a little pricey
britokapi
britokapi

Love it but wish clearer labels

4 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2012

I love Dawaat, the food and service is great. I wish they had a bit more clear labels or ingredients though. Many things appear to be vegan, but the label only says vegetarian. On their website, they list that they can accommodate vegans, but then have meat in the same listing, which is confusing. I ordered a vegetable dish once and it had cheese in it. I think with this place it is important to be clear that you don't want dairy in anything (if you are vegan).

Maiyn
Maiyn

Love Daawat!

4 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2012

This place is great, the food is always fantastic with a lot of selection. Although most of the dishes are vegetarian friendly, I think you might want to ask regarding vegan options. Nonetheless, the atmosphere in Daawat is lovely, the staff are very friendly and the food always keeps us coming back. It's one of our favourite places to eat in Edmonton. Buffet is the way to go, make sure to very hungry! :)

Pros: Taste, Selection, Atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Daawat: