Serves meat, veg options available. Offers simple dishes from various cuisines, including Indian, Thai and Egyptian curries. Most dishes served with brown rice. Sept 2013 reported this location is not pure veg. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, International, Fusion, Fast food, Take-out only, Non-veg
2469 S King St (Oahu)

• Cash only

First Review by westcornersville
lotustummy
lotustummy

good healthy food, chill vibe

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2014

We have visited this place several times this week. They always have at least 4 veg things on offer in their "buffet" - last few days was Malaysian curry, Thai curry, eggplant Parmesan (yum!!) and moussaka - and then a couple of sandwiches - falafel and hummus - with amazing bread. Salad bar is available and the smoothies are great and often either are all juice or have soy milk. I like the healthy yummy food and the casual chill vibe of this place. It's always busy and the food is fresh and turn over is high. Go eat and be happy. It's also almost next door to the down to earth store if you need grocery items

Pros: good prices - esp for smoothies, big portion - mini was enough for me, busy fun vibe with great staff
Cons: no aircon - if that's important to you, they do serve meat as well
noach2343
noach2343

Great Place to Eat

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2013

This is a great place. I love that you can see most of the food before you buy. Great variety of hot entrees and the food has so much flavor. There are always 1-2 vegetarian entrees, fish, chicken and lamb which come with rice and salad. I get the mini and have plenty to satify my hunger. They also have sandwiches and smoothies and desserts. My husband is a big fan of the smoothies. Always love going here. Great for a quick meal.

Pros: Price, Flavor, Variety
Cons: Maybe an extra vegetarian dish
faisca
faisca

Wish They Vegan Friendlier

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2012

Hands down the best smoothies on O'ahu for the price!

I'm almost certain all their smoothies are vegan (soymilk or fruit based). There are tons of variations available, or create your own. My fav is mango haupia.

I've been eating at the Da Spot since Mo'ili'ili, when a 16oz smoothie cost around $3. The menu hasn't changed much since then, but the price has gone up a bit. The UHM kiosk was their first expansion, and they've now moved the restaurant into a bigger space on King St (across from 24hr Longs and near Down to Earth).

The restaurant has a much larger selection of prepared foods then the UHM kiosk. At the kiosk you'll get around 3-4 dishes to choose from. The menu will vary slightly from day-to-day. At the restaurant its the same, but a much larger selection and offers cook-to-order items.

Most of the curries are delicious. I mean 4 or 5 stars delicious! My guess is heavy on the coconut cream, but whatever it is they're certainly noteworthy.

My only gripe with the new location is the lack of vegan options. They used to offer much much more at all their locations. The last 4 times I visited the restaurant they had 0-2 prepared vegan foods out of 12!. Ridiculous really. I'm so saddened by it, I vowed only to return for the smoothies. :(

Pros: Incredibly Tasty, Low Price, Very Friendly Service
Cons: No longer as veggie friendly

westcornersville
westcornersville

Decent Option if You're on Campus

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2012

This food stall has various "curries", though not particularly authentic (their "Egyptian Curry" was more like westernized Indian curry). Still--you get a pretty good portion of vegetarian food (with vegan options) for a reasonable price. I noticed a line forming around noon, so this place is pretty popular among (especially) students. The only criticism is that the food they serve you isn't particularly hot (both temperature and spiciness), just luke warm.

Pros: decent price, good selection of curries, convenient if you're on campus
Cons: temperature not high enough, not particularly exciting

Dear Owner and Manager of Da Spot: