CLOSED: Czukor Etterem

Serves meat, veg options available. Hungarian and Mediterranean style, 6 vegetarian dishes (of which 3 vegan) and 4 vegetarian pizza which can be made vegan. AUG 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Hungarian, Mediterranean, Non-veg

First Review by Twilightje
VeganTrav
VeganTrav

Uneatable Food

1 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

I've ordered walnut coated tofu and jasmine rice with vegetables, I received 3 pieces of rock hard preserved tofu with no seasoning nor taste, completely uneatable, the jasmine rice had no taste either and contained 1% of tiny bits of veggies inside, the dish came with a huge portion of disgusting cooked strawberries. So we ordered some vegetables extra and we received a plate of supposedly grilled vegetables, Courgettes and aubergine a in 2cm slices, almost completely raw and just slightly burned outside, the same for the half tomato. We left 90% of the food in our plates, we paid and we left. What a nightmare! I think this was the worst restaurant experience in my life!!
P.S. as a starter we had pizza bread and that actually was surprisingly good (I'm Italian and I know about pizza), so afterwards I thought that maybe they're only able to make pizzas!

Pros: pizza bread was good
Cons: no taste, incompetent cook, uneatable food
Twilightje
Twilightje

I had an old travel guide...

3 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2012

.. and was actually looking for 'Vegetarium', a vegetarian restaurant that used to be on this adress. But the new restaurant still has enough vegetarian and a few vegan choices. I had tofu with nut crumb-coating, cranberry sauce and rice. It could have more veggies and seasoning, but overall it was stylish and tasty food. My boyfriend took meat and was very happy with his dish. We sat outside, on a calm street, so it's a good location as well.

Pros: enough choice, good location, good value
Cons: not very original, not enough seasoning

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Czukor Etterem: