Tiny vegetarian cafe serves mostly veggiedogs at around $6-7 each in addition to a few breakfast foods, coffee, and drinks. Internet stations available. Sit inside or outside. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Take-out

First Review by Miso Vegan
Bandwitch
Bandwitch

I can't think of a title but EAT HERE IT ROCKS

5 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2014

As someone who has eaten many a veggie dog, I can without a doubt say that some of the best were consumed here. The menu is all vegetarian and extremely easy to veganize, and the prices are extremely reasonable. If I remember correctly, the last time I went in, I ordered a dog, chips, and a soda, all for under $10.

The decor is super fun; while the place itself is small, the walls are covered in old movie and music posters, and there are a couple of old arcade games to sit by while you eat. PCs and internet available (first twenty minutes free).

While I have enjoyed every experience I have had at Cyber Dogs, I have to say that the most fun I ever had was going in late one night and catching the owner (whose name sadly escapes me). What a fun, hilarious, sweet woman! She should be proud of her establishment.

Pros: yummy veggie dogs (easily veganized), awesome decor, customer service!!!
Cons: parking is difficult
salxvx
salxvx

Best Tuna Melt in THE WORLD!

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

I used to live in Seattle and every time I go back I treat myself to their vegan tuna Melt which is absolutely out of this world. You have to ask them to make it vegan if that is your preference and it WILL blow you away. The place is charming, with all kinds of rock and hollywood memorabilia and the TV is always playing some classic film on VHS. I know some people might find it overwhelming as there are posters and trinkets strewn all around the place's counters, tables and walls. It is also an internet cafe so if you're the one person with no internet phone then you can surf the interwebz and such. In short: this place is great, give them your moneys.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Portions, Nice Vibe
7j7ferreira7
7j7ferreira7

Nice junk food for vegs

4 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2014

I call it junk food because it is what it is! The dogs quality is very good though. I have tried 3 or 4 different dogs and I wasn't disappointed.
They also have a good variety of beers available.
There are some PCs for the customers to use - first 20 min for free. The decor is just over the top - probably that should reflect the owners' personality, who I sadly had not the chance to meet.
If you are staying in the Pike/Pine section and want fast food, that is definitely your option.

Pros: good food and value, open until late night, central location
Cons: some dogs are too salty

Veganhomecook
Veganhomecook

Awesome!!

5 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2013

Best food! Very vegan friendly, everything is vegetarian!

Pros: great coffee house vibe!, great food
Cons: NONE!
Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

Not gourmet, but good for a quick vegan bite or late night snack

3 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2013

An interesting little cafe that is open until midnight and loaded with vegan options. I enjoyed it for a late night snack I would visit again, but I would prefer Veggie Grill or a couple of other places over this place.

Pros: open late, vegan friendly, interesting decor
stargatelover
stargatelover

Great Food, Fun Atmosphere!

5 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2013

I brought a small group of veg and non-veg people and everyone was happy! I had the faux tuna salad and it was so good that when I went back two days later all I could think about was the crunch of the cashews and celery, so I got it again!

Pros: good food
Cons: Very small space, a little pricey
emilyg28
emilyg28

Funky decor mostly compensates for mediocre dogs

3 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2012

My husband, son, and I ate here while on vacation. I'm glad we visited, happy that the location was within walking distance of the Pike Place Market, and very happy about the super-low prices (the three of us all had a dog, chips, and soda and the entire meal was under $20) but when vacationing I prefer to eat food that's prepared from scratch rather than eating packaged foods that I could have prepared myself at home, and easily at that. I admit that I chose Cyber Dogs as a lunch spot specifically because veggie dogs are "comfort food" to our vegetarian family, but I wasn't prepared to be served a corn dog (called the Puppy on the menu) that was almost certainly made by MorningStar Farms. My husband ate the Weiner Dog Schnitzel and he said the dog tasted like one of the brands I buy. Some of the items on the menu look like they would be terrific, so maybe we just had the bad luck of ordering items that weren't the "trademark" dishes, but all I can do is describe our experience.

I feel sort of bad as I write this review. While sitting at our table at Cyber Dogs I read a poster on the wall, written by the owner, about her difficult path in being a business owner and her hard work in keeping Cyber Dogs going. She sounds like a terrific person who I would really like. If I were a local I might even eat there from time to time, to show my support. The decor spectacularly fits our family's fun-loving, Python-loving, movie-loving, and Einstein-loving style, so we would probably come back just to "read the walls." But we would definitely not order the same items again.

Pros: price, funky decor
Cons: packaged food
badoscar
badoscar

Um. Emh...

3 Posted on 10 / 13 / 2012

the best thing about cyber dogs, is that it has all vegan options.

Pros: pac-man arcade game, all vegan options
Cons: awkward location, awkward seating
VeganYUMYUM
VeganYUMYUM

Unique

5 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2012

Very unique atmosphere! The owner is super friendly and the food is great. Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: Unique atmosphere, Friendly owner, Great comfort food
Cons: Small building
tejasjjain
tejasjjain

Great host, not so great food

3 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2012

I loved Tatiana and the way she came to help us.
We ordered
1) Laika --> This was gone bad because if you put watery, mushy eggplant preparation on bread and keep in oven for 10 minutes, bread will become soggy...pretty close to inedible
2) Red Hot Bayou --> This had topping better in terms of flavor but same problem of soggy bread.

I went there because I am vegan and I want to support businesses that cater to us. But unfortunately it did not work for us. I can not recommend this place. If you know Tatiana please pass along soggy bread issue. She was really great I wanted to give her feedback in person but there were four new customers so I did not want to scare them...

Pros: warm and welcoming host, wide variety of flavors , Tatiana will adjust to your preferences
Cons: soggy bread, hole in wall kind of place
stormka
stormka

Perfect little post-evening out spot

4 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2012

Sometimes, you just want food without either the formality of vegan-only or having to worry at 1a about even finding some place you can go with a mixed crowd. This is the spot and well done on both service, taste, and options. This is right near one of my favorite night spots in the neighborhood and I'm so glad that this exists. Bravo, Seattle.

Meggie and Ben
Meggie and Ben

Great

4 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2012

Such unique food and atmosphere! Some of their dogs are better than others and I wish they had vegan dessert and snacks, but I do love Cyber-Dogs.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Cyber Dogs

3 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2011

I was excited to finally try Cyberdogs but felt that the food really fell short. The space is cramped, but the unique decor was neat and had a lot of character. I asked the employee what he recommended and I went with the recommendation, the Mama Tatiana (vegan). It came with artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, etc. - most of these ingredients were blended together to make a sauce. I was unimpressed overall and thought that the flavors left much to be desired. Another thing to note is that my bf's beer was beyond its expiration date, we didn't say anything but thought it was strange for them to sell beer beyond the expiration date. Overall, cute place but boring hot dogs, we likely won't return.

hollip
hollip

tatiana is delightful

4 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2011

i used to work graveyard shift downtown and would come in for a dog or chicken noodle soup on my way to work every night. the owner, tatiana, is so sweet and now that i have moved away, i always make it a point to stop by when i am in seattle to say hello and grab a dog. if you're really hungry, get the BANDITO! vegan chilli, cheese and avocado dog. they also have vegan cookies, dog-themed beers, a full espresso bar and computers if you don't have your own. they have movie nights. i love supporting small businesses, especially really special ones like cyber dogs.

Pros: tatiana!, cheap, convenient
Cons: no salads?
Stevie
Stevie

Cyber dogs, Seattle

5 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2010

When you walk in there are some signs displayed that demonstrate variations in the pricing policy. If you are any of Tony Curtis, David Bowie, or the Dalai Lama, you are entitled to a free hotdog. If you are Bill Gates you have to pay triple.

Everything on the menu either is or can be made vegan veggie. A very helpful girl served me (she also speaks arabic if that is any use to and depending who else is working when you visit, other languages can be spoken also). I went for her recommendation and wasn't disappointed. I can't remember how much exactly it came to but it was around $8 and tasted great.

Only thing I would point out on the downside is that for a 100% vego eatery, why are they selling bottles of Guinness from the fridge?

Lots of interesting decor add to the fun vibe of this place.

Update - I've been here a 2nd time and had the Greek - 1st class.

Pros: vegan vego friendly, open long hours, Good value and tasty
HappySeattleVegan
HappySeattleVegan

GREAT food, Tatiana is amazing!!

5 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2010

I ate their twice while I was working in the area. The hot dogs were a bit on the pricey side, but you get a LOT of food. I had a wonderful conversation with Tatiana (the owner) about how she opened the place. We talked about books and she recommended which hot dog to try. I told her that I love garlic and she recommended the Mama Tatiana, jewish dog that comes with vitamins! I thought it was very cute. The hot dog was very garlic-y but very delicious. After I left, I kept thinking about eating there so I went the next day. I ordered the Greek Dog, comes with hummus, cucumbers, onions. A complete plateful. She is open until midnight, even on the weekends. I was so pleased eating there that I would happily go back. I told her that I was vegan and was completely happy knowing she would make it vegan. I think this place would be better, if it had more space. She is always playing a movie.

Pros: GREAT food, A lot of food, Variety
Cons: Small space, A bit pricey
Mighty Vegan
Mighty Vegan

Unique place - an oasis in downtown Seattle

4 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2009

I stopped by Cyber Dogs last night. The place is 2 blocks from my hotel downtown and I have been eyeing it since we checked in. It is a great addition to the neighborhood, which is otherwise very corporate and monotonous with all the typical non-veg friendly restaurant chains. The concept of cyberdogs is awesome as I have never seen another place like it. The fact that they have internet access free with food purchase makes it even more appealing. I got the plain jane hot dog which was half the price of the more elaborate hot dog offerings. I have to say that it was just OK. The dog was about average with what I could buy in a supermarket. It was kind of small compared to the oversized bun. I think maybe if I would have gotten something more elaborate the experience might have been a bit more exciting. I think also the basic offering could have come with more condiments, sauerkraut being a notable one. The place is open to midnight which is cool - I think this could be a great "coming back late and need a bite to eat place".

Pros: Unique conept, Late hours, Internet access
Cons: Basic dog could use and upgrade
sangiyer
sangiyer

The Bayou Dog is amazing!

4 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2009

This is a hole in the wall internet cafe that serves pretty good veggie dogs. I went there 2 nights in a row and ordered the Bayou Dog. It was amazing. The actual dog itself wasn't that great but the toppings...it was this stew-like thing with rice, red beans, veggies, garlicky, spicy...wow...it was sooo good! Highly recommend the bayou dog!

Pros: downtown, vegan options, inexpensive
Cons: small area
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Unique place

4 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2009

During our trip to Seattle last Labor Day weekend, we wanted to check out Cyber Dogs since it was a novel idea. The place is really small, but they had tables outside where we sat. They clearly knew what was vegan or not and it was really cool to share veggie dogs with such huge toppings - knife and fork!. I had the Lazlo...tasty.

Pros: lots of choices, unique
Cons: small space
noin_hime
noin_hime

Great little place

4 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2009

I'm eatten at Cyber Dogs twice now and both times I have been pleased. The prices may look expensive but trust me, they give you A LOT of food. They can make anything vegan and they have a very large variety of hot dogs.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Good Atmosphere
tofutodd
tofutodd

Hot dogs from around the world

4 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2009

I've eaten here twice. They have different themed hot dogs such a Californian, Chicago, Mexican, Italian, etc. Most come loaded with toppings that you'll challenge to fit in your mouth. At $6-8 per dog it's a little expensive for what it is (hot dog on white bread bun covered in condiments), however it makes a meal. I've only had the californian which is Bacon, Cheese, Avocado, Veggies, Salsa & Onions. I'm vegan and I can't remember if she had vegan cheese or if I had to omit it. It's $7. I don't flock here but if you're craving a hot dog or in the neighborhood I don't think you'll regret it. Don't forget to ride your bike otherwise you'll end up paying another buck or two for parking.

Pros: location (downtown), small size (quaint), open late
Cons: location (parking), small size

findabiggerplace
findabiggerplace

Liked It!

4 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2009

I really liked the hot dog at Cyber Dogs...so much that I had to buy a can of them when I got home. It was great to see an independent place downtown and there were so many options for toppings. Cute decor!

susanm
susanm

Great place

4 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2009

I really enjoyed this place. There was a friendly atmosphere, the food was delicious, cheap and all vegetarian.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good value, Tasty food
  • hiddenflower hiddenflower

All the dogs and soups can be made vegan too! We even have vegan cheese made in house from scratch!!!

Mellysd
Mellysd

Best Veggie Dogs

5 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2008

Awesome veggie dogs, probably the best I have ever had.

Pros: Large Quantity of food, Many options, 20 min free wifi w/purchase
Cons: Small!!!, Wait can be long
asdf19
asdf19

A bit pricey

2 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2008

I immediately liked the quirky DIY atmosphere, and I really wanted to like my meal. But my dog was overpriced, not totally hot and not that delicious.

It might be worth a second visit if I happen to be in the area and need a bite to eat, but otherwise I'll just stick to having my vegan dogs at home.

Pros: quirky atmosphere, down-to-earth
Cons: expensive, not super food
  • hiddenflower hiddenflower

A plain veggie dog costs $3.35 and the most expensive dog on the menu costs $7.80 and the specialty dogs with toppings are HUGE (The El Bandito has chili, cheese or vegan cheese, salsa, avocado and onions on it for example), defently worth the price! That isn't just condiments, if you want a dog with just condiments, that would cost you only $3.35... I don't know where the people who say it is expensice normally eat... Mc Donalds? The buns are whole wheat from a small bakery and all the sauces are made from scratch in house. And yes, we do have vegan cheese which we make from scratch..

915phil
915phil

Interesting, but Disappointing

3 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2008

My "cyber dog" was served to me in a soggy and collapsing paper tray, the dog and the bread drowned under an inch of sauces and toppings. It wasn't bad, but I had actually been looking forward to something like a hot dog. This thing I literally had to eat with a fork and spoon. Very expensive, very crowded; probably won't return.

Cons: Crowded, Expensive
  • hiddenflower hiddenflower

We have veggie corn dogs($3.95 and comes with chips and a soda), plain dogs ($3.35) and bratwurst dogs ($4.90 and comes with kraut and onions) for people just want a traditional dog. All the dogs are vegetarian and can be made vegan and the buns are whole wheat from a small bakery.

donalf
donalf

A LOVELY PLACE FOR LOVELY PEOPLE

3 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2007

A great place if you are down town and want a quick veggie snack.

Pros: Price
kissme926
kissme926

Atmosphere So Cool You Can Taste It !!!

4 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2007

I could never forget Cyberdogs! I was intrigued from the time I saw their name on this website. We had to try it out. Did so a couple of years ago when we came thru Seattle. This year we made Seattle the focus of our family vacation and went their twice. The owner, Tatiana, is one cool lady! She makes friends of everyone who walks in the door, loves to talk and is eager to please customers. There really is something magical about Cyber Dogs. It's extremely tiny - I've seen some walk-in closets that are big as this place. We joke that it is the smallest restaurant we've ever been in, but that's a big part of the place's charm! The spaces on the walls and other areas are totally covered in weird art and stuffed animals and such. She has a TV always on playing some featured film, one or more persons are always entranced in front of the many computers there, and she usually has some cool music playing in the background. It's funny to see people try to squeeze in...If there just a few people waiting to order, the line takes up a third of the space. The hot dogs she serves aren't bad. In general the actual weiners are small and cloaked in the large buns they come in, and I wish she'd use bigger weiners, but they are usually smothered in a good portion of her homemade toppings. You can ask for a heartier sausage-type dog if the weiner is too small. Cozy, cramped but entertaining quarters, tasty "weiner meals." Cyberdogs, there'll always be a place in my heart for you! :)

Pros: atmosphere, good value, friendly owner
Cons: usually pretty crammed, needs different weiner, stroller goes where? :)
Miso Vegan
Miso Vegan

Great - but not 100% vegan!

4 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2006

I really like CyberDogs. The options are inventive, the atmosphere funky, and the owner quite funny.

However, be forewarned that it's not vegan. Most things can be made vegan, but since she serves a predominantly non-vegan business lunch crowd, she has to please some of their tastes, so the mock bacon has egg whites, and there was something else I've forgotten....

Just make sure you specify vegan, and you'll have a great experience!

Pros: cheap, nice folks, funky
Cons: not good for large groups
  • hiddenflower hiddenflower

Everything except the corn dog can be made vegan! The bread, links and sauces are always vegan and we have vegetarian/vegan bacon and reg/vegan cheese. We do have vegan bacon without egg whites! We also have vegan cheese made in house from scratch!

Dear Owner and Manager of Cyber Dogs: