Indian vegetarian restaurant and groceries. Features extensive menus of North Indian, South Indian, and Indo-Chinese cuisine. Lunch buffet is offered on weekends; chat dinner on Wednesday evenings. Under current ownership since Oct 2010 and became all veg. The grocery store area is open all day. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-firendly, Lacto, Indian, Indo-Chinese, Buffet, Take-out, Catering
15325 NW Central Dr Ste J-12 (North Oak Hills District)
Portland, Oregon 97229
503-645-6113

Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-2pm, Sun-Thur 5-9pm.

First Review by sarai sarai
KaleYeah
KaleYeah

Not As We Had Hoped

2 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

My family and I went to Curry Leaf last night for dinner. Their website is very well done and it appeared that all vegan and vegan-option dishes were clearly marked. We ordered some unfamiliar items to try some new things and some familiar dishes we had enjoyed at other restaurants.

Appitizers: The veg samosa were good. We had also ordered an onion bajji. We received what we assumed was the bajji. It wasn't very good. When we had all tried it, a lady came and said they had given us the wrong order and what we had eaten was full of paneer (Indian cheese). At least they didn't charge us for it. The bajji was so-so when it arrived.

Entrees: I did not know you could mess up basmati rice. I was wrong. It was the blandest basmati I have ever had and it was also a bit waterlogged. The Mutter Paneer (vegan option has tofu), had so few peas actually in it, they should consider renaming the dish. It was also a bit spicy, which was not noted on the menu. The mixed veg kurma (veg option) has a coconut milk base and was marked as slightly spicy. It was less spicy than the Mutter Paneer. Also, the Kurma obviously used a frozen veg mix.

On the plus side, they have fries for the kids and they were quite good.

It is unfortunate that the restaurant is so bad. It doesn't look so good that it is attached to an Indian grocery. One would think that the food would be better considering the availability of fresh items from next door.

We will not be returning and would have to warn away our friends as well.
I would have given the restaurant one cow, but the minimum rating for a veg restaurant is 2.

sarai sarai
sarai sarai

Yummy Food

5 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2011

My Beautiful Partner and I traveled all the way from SE Portland to dine in this delicious establishment. The staff was very helpful in helping us pick out a deliciously yummy assortment of food from the menu. Everything was delicious, and we ordered so much that we had leftovers, since we wanted to try everything on the menu...but opted for four items instead. For those who are dining with meat eaters, the food is so tasty, full of flavors and spices, that the meat won't be missed. In fact the gobi manchurian bites reminded us of kung pow chicken in texture and flavor. We will definitely be eating here again, the travel time is worth it for the wonderful service, and the delicious food.

Dear Owner and Manager of Curry Leaf: