Serves meat, veg options available. Has vegetarian food, including plantain, mock chicken curry, tofu and potato, spinach, squash, eggplant, chickpeas, and salad. Price: Moderate more-less
Caribbean, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by val
nardanddee
nardanddee

Hit the spot!

4 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2013

I sampled the cocoa bread, non-curry veggie patty and an entree. Everything was terrific and I didn't have to pay a fortune! If my job sends me back here-this will be my go to spot.

Pros: good variety, friendly staff, great prices
Cons: n/a
jennlibera
jennlibera

Yummy!

4 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2011

Great vegan options in Huntsville! Everything (other than the meat and cornbread) is vegan. I went there for the first time today and ordered the "Fish" Curry. It was delicious. They make the fish alternative out of mushrooms and include rice, a small salad, curried potatoes, and a really great cabbage salad all for about $8. The lady behind the counter was very eager to explain that most (she said 99%) of the food they cook is vegan. It's a little tricky to park there and I wish (like most) that all of their food was vegan, but at least I have a place to bring my non-veg friends where I can order something that isn't a side salad. Yay Curry-In-A-Hurry!!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 19, 2011

Pros: Delicious, LOTS of vegan options
Cons: Buttermilk Cornbread, Meat Items, Weird Parking
Mr. Veg
Mr. Veg

• herbivore

Fun and surprising

3 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2010

Our Daily Bread, once the only strictly veg eatery in town, is now a hair salon. Across the street there was Curry-n-a-Hurry, which advertised Caribbean and Vegetarian cooking. So I crossed the street. Curry-n-a-Hurry is run by a friendly Indian couple from Trinidad-n-Tobago. They made me a Mock Chicken Roti. They also serve house-made soft drinks. I had a sorrel soda. Unique and fun! $11 for everything.

Pros: tasty, friendly, unique
Cons: not entirely veg
taiaikens
taiaikens

It's addictive

4 Posted on 12 / 19 / 2009

I'm a college student attending A&M and ever since I got my car I've been making it to this place sense I had their Curried Veggie Fish snack box, I promise you I cant get enough of it. You have to get the combo with the rice and peas and cabbage with side salad and some cocoa bread. If you don't want the full meal you can always get a snack box (very good on proportions for the price) and then there are always the patties. I prefer the curry veggie patty.

Pros: Great Food, Vegan/vegetarian friendly, Proportions
Cons: they can get pretty busy
val
val

Amazing Vegan Indian and Carribean Food

4 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2008

Don't let the name of this little restaurant fool you! There was nothing "hurried" about the vegan Indian food I ate at this place today. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the food at this little Indian / Carribean cafe was better than any vegan Indian food I've eaten in LA! The place is not fancy by any means, and orders are taken while you queue up in the front at the counter, but the vegan food is amazing!

Unfortunately, they also serve meat so be sure to ask for vegetarian meals. ALL their vegetarian meals are VEGAN. They have mock chicken curries, mock chicken stews, vegetarian fish curries, fried "fish" and tons of other vegan items. Today was my first visit to this wonderful little place, and it was very busy even at 4:15 PM! (always a good sign)

I ordered the Veggie Fish Curry with rice, and it came with a cabbage and onion stir fry, and a very mild lentil and potato curry as well as a small salad and a choice of either white rice, fried rice or rice and beans. The whole meal was under $10.

After living in LA for several years and being disappointed with the vegan Indian food out there, what a pleasant surprise it was to discover this amazing little place! I only wish they didn't sell any meat dishes at all. The prices were reasonable, and they had a very good selection of vegan meals and snacks. Well worth the 70 miles each way to get to Huntsville, Alabama from where I live in Middle Tennessee. Their website is www.caribbeancurry.com

Pros: Good VEGAN food, Reasonable Prices, Friendly service
Cons: Also sells meat, NONE, NONE

Dear Owner and Manager of Curry in a Hurry: