CLOSED: Cullinan

Serves meat, veg options available. Healthy food restaurant. Usually 1 vegan dish available. Non-smoking. AUG 2014 REPORTED SHUT, REPLACED BY A GROCERY STORE. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Macrobiotic, Non-veg

First Review by Marco
Lomedin
Lomedin

Try something else

2 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2012

I wanted to try a different restaurant in Antwerpen so decided to come here.
The place is nicely decorated and with classical music.
However, if, like me, you go to a restaurant for a good meal rather than listening to music, you might not find it 100% to your taste.
I ordered a gluten free vegan meal. On their website, they claim that they are specialized in veggie options, and that all their dishes can be vegan and gluten free.
I was presented with a plate with a whole piece of (little) broccoli, a few chickpeas, 2 pieces of pumpkin and a bit of rice. They were steamed, without any seasoning or taste. There was a tiny bit of sauce over the chickpeas, unfortunately it also seemed to be tasteless. I started eating, when the waitress came to me apologising because they got the wrong dish and it was not gluten free. They took that plate away and brought me another one. Which looked EXACTLY the same, except for a piece of some sort of tempurah veg missing.
After our meal, the chef came asking if it was good. I said that it was ok but uninspired. He got upset and replied what could I expect for a gluten free dish without giving any notice in advance. He disn't wait for my reply, so I couldn't tell him that putting 3 pieces of barely cut vegetables in a plate is quite lacking for a veggie dish in a restaurant supposedly specialized on that.
If you are veg(etari)an, you won't find here a meal that you cannot make yourself at home, and better. Also, being surrounded by people eating steaks and other dead animals won't help.
Veggie people, try something else.

Pros: Veggie option
Cons: Not nice to see dead animals all around , Bad "vegetarian specialities"
soniavdk
soniavdk

vegetarian dish at Cullinan

4 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2011

At Cullinan they serve a daily fresh vegetarian (macrobiotic inspired) dish...delicious! 12euro

Pros: fresh, balances
Cons: relative long waiting
mir.werniers
mir.werniers

Absolute best macrobiotic resto in Antwerp

4 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2009

Me and my friend regularly visit this restaurant. Great, simple, honest, biological food...made with love and attention. Great variety is served on the daily veggie dish. Quiet atmosphere. Good prices.

Pros: excellent food, healthy and balanced cuisine, good portions

Marco
Marco
  • non-vegetarian

A gem!

4 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2007

The Cullinan serves certified organic food, and this is one of the places where very healthy and very tasty go together. The menu had many different options, not 100% vegetarian, but they did have some vegan options. The interior has a stylish simplicty, refined but cosy. Unfortunately we could only have dinner there once, but we will return.

Pros: great food, tasteful interior

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Cullinan: