Cul Gairdin Whole Food...

Serves meat, veg options available. Aside from fish, menu is vegetarian. It's a whole food cafe that serves fresh meals, salads, juices & smoothies, soups, home-style baking, organic coffee. Has vegan and gluten free options and early bird menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Irish, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by wildfang
elfmaiden713
elfmaiden713

Very Tasty

4 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2013

I thought Cul Gairdin was cute and delicious. Yes, it does have some fish dishes on the menu, but this is Ireland. If you want a fully vegetarian or vegan restaurant, stay in Dublin! Anyway, my boyfriend and I got the E18.50 three-course dinner special. I had split pea soup, a garlicky cheese crepe, and a chocolate biscuit cake, while he had the soup, a honey walnut goat cheese crepe, and the apple rhubarb crumble. The food was awesome and we got way more than we could eat. I liked how even the desserts were marked as vegan or not, and they source all their produce from local farms. I would definitely eat here again.

Pros: Big portions, Yummy, Friendly staff
Cons: Small interior
yaelago
yaelago

cute, good food.

4 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2011

very cute restaurant-cafe, with a nice outside garden if the weather is nice. we ate there twice, food was very good prices reasonable.

wildfang
wildfang

Nice place but needs some improvements.

3 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2010

We went to this place because we had found a flyer at the internet cafe advertising it. We really liked the atmosphere and African style interior and music that was on when we were there.
The staff seemed to be quite new, for she didn't know much about what was vegan and what wasn't and had to go and ask for the information a couple of times plus she wasn't too friendly either.
Unfortunately, there weren't many vegan options. Out of the main courses just one dish - an Asian style noodle and veggie stir fry which was tasty.
There was also a range of freshly squeezed juices - very nice!
As for desert I got vegan apple crumble - tasty and the only vegan choice.

So the place is actually quite nice, especially since it's the only one of its kind in Dingle, if it weren't for the following reasons why I am only giving three cows:

a) There were two fish dishes on the menu. Out of about ten to twelve main courses in total. In a place called "vegetarian cafe" the least thing I want to see on the menu is dead animals. And having more non-veggie than vegan options is just strange in a "veggie" cafe. The flyer had advertised "vegan and gluten free optionS (plural) available daily"
b) The prices. I know that Ireland is an expensive country but paying 38€ for two people is quite a bit.

Anyway, if you're in Dingle, why not give it a try if you feel like spending money.

Pros: fresh and healthy food, nice atmosphere
Cons: fish on the menu, few vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Cul Gairdin Whole Food Vegetarian Cafe: