Serves meat, veg options available. Offers a few vegetarian and vegan dishes. Good atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Organic, Italian, Non-veg
Via dei Serragli, 3R
Florence, Italy 50125
+ 39-055-2776205

Open Tue-Sun, closed Mon.

First Review by sebbacon
brinnet
brinnet

Great for foodies!

3 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2013

I am vegan and tried out this location with my omnivorous extended family. We are a well traveled group with one meat-and-potatoes girl, and we all were pleased! The menu had three vegan options (I did have to ask them to point out what's vegan), but they were patient and understood. Prices are a little higher than average, but I thought it was well worth it. They even gave everyone at the table a bonus delicious gazpacho as a starter and dark chocolate candied orange peel for a dessert (not sure if either of these are standard). The portions were very fair, lovely presentation, and about a 5 minute walk from Ponte Vecchio. I would definitely recommend if you're looking for something a little different from the standard Italian fare :)

Pros: portion size
Cons: noisy location, limited vegan options
honeydew419
honeydew419

Fabulous

4 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2013

The woman who waited on us was the chef's wife and she was very gracious. We do not speak Italian and we are vegans -- she helped us navigate the menu and made some wonderful suggestions. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. I can't remember what we paid but it was reasonable and worth every euro! If this website would let me give it 5 cows, I would do it.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, charming
anjST29
anjST29

Sunday Brunch at Cuculia

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2013

We have just had a really lovely Sunday brunch at Cuculia. The waitress explained the menu to us when she realized that we didn't speak Italian. It was a set meal consisting of a selection of 5 small portions of vegetarian dishes and a small dessert, all served together on a platter. It was beautifully presented and very tasty. The staff are very friendly and the atmosphere relaxing. Cost 10 Euro each.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly, Good value
Cons: No choices
sebbacon
sebbacon

Surreal in a good way

4 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2012

This is some kind of art-library-cafe-restaurant. It's not veggie but there was a choice of vegetarian food. We were surprised to get a complimentary starter which was a gazpacho served in a cocktail glass, on a white plate decorated with swirls of green and orange purees. I'm writing this review a few weeks later and can't remember what I had for a main, but I do remember it was garnished with a flourish of two deep-fried strands of spaghetti! It was confusingly spectacular as you just don't expect that in a bar, and some of it tasted very, very nice.

Pros: surreal, creative, gourmet
Cons: surreal

Dear Owner and Manager of Cuculia: