Hare Krishna affiliated. All you can eat style. Lunch buffet costs around $7.50 or $5.50 for students. No onions or garlic used. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Western, Indian, Buffet

First Review by Aloo
SimoneTracey
SimoneTracey

Tasty and Very Affordable Option

4 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2013

Have been here many times. You can get in and out quick. Set menu and consistently tasty. This includes a dessert such as semolina pudding embeded with fruit and served with custard. Yum.

MightyMy
MightyMy

good value

3 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2013

So you only get one option but it changes daily. And for $5.50-$7.50 you can't really complain.

Pros: cheap, tasty
Cons: variety
Heavena
Heavena

Quick, Cheap & Vegielicious

3 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2010

A basic weekly menu that changes daily, Crossways is a great place for anyone in need of a cheap but nutritious feed. $5 (concession), $6.50 (for everyone else) buys you a large plate of curry, rice, papa-dams, dessert and drinks (orange cordial/lassi). The meals are basic very quite tasty.

It an get quite busy during lunch hour, but they do also do take-away for a small fee (to cover the cost of the container).

If you're vegan, be sure to ask that the curry & dessert being served that day are vegan too!

Pros: Quick, Cheap, Vegie
Cons: Not that vegan friendly, Quite busy

courtneyjayneee
courtneyjayneee

Amazing.

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2010

Had this when I was vegetarian many years ago, and I LOVED IT. I first tried it at the Melbourne Show, had it three days in a row as I was working there and all I can say is, DELICIOUS. Each day I had the kids meal, which had a nice curry, saffron rice with a semolina pudding and custard. Went to the actual restaurant not long after, had the same meal but bigger, it was so so good. Haven't been there since becoming vegan but I would like to see what vegan stuff they have on offer.

Pros: Cheap, DELICIOOOOUUUUSSS, Good size serving
nikkidynamo
nikkidynamo

A LITTLE DISAPPOINTING

3 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2009

I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed by this place. It's a great location and the prices are excellent, very cheap. There isn't a lot of variety though and the choices were a little boring.

Both of the friends I went with really enjoyed it though, and I admit that I am a little spoiled when it comes to vegan food since my husband and I are such passionate cooks.

Definitely a good choice for the budget conscious though and the food was tasty, just not excellent.

Pros: Cheap! , location!
maynard7
maynard7

I wouldn't go back

2 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2008

I like to give positive reviews for veggie places, since they are filling an important need. I can't give one to this place, though. I guess the flavors were just average, but the big problem was the lack of protein in the meal. It was just a curry made with vegetables. I know there was *some* protein in the rice, but they should have added some tofu or gluten to make the meal balanced. Vegetarians need protein, and this place just doesn't provide it. The price is low (AU$6.50 for non-students), but you get what you pay for here. I would only eat this way if I were very very poor. It's all you can eat, but I didn't finish the food on my plate because it wasn't that tasty. The atmosphere isn't pleasant either. I was shocked at how crowded the place was at lunch time. I hope the other veggie options in town are better.

Pros: Price, Location
Cons: Uninspired, Little protein, Unpleasant atmosphere
tessha_m
tessha_m

A great veggie bargain

3 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2008

At Crossways you get all you can eat from a set selection of dishes from a bain marie. It consists of a daily curry, rice halva and more. Its a very casual student friendly environment. Food is simple but good.

Pros: Cheap, Location, All you can eat
Cons: Limited Choice
Aloo
Aloo

Full belly, calm mind, and cheap!

3 Posted on 03 / 08 / 2007

The menu changes daily, so there is always something new to try. Also they always have sweets to try and "meal" deals. It's a good spot to watch people below on Swanston street. I found that there were not enough vegan options though.

Pros: cheap, away from the, crowd
Cons: could be spicier, Not enough Vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Crossways: