Serves meat, veg options available. Vegan choices include soup, salads and sandwiches which are either vegan or can be made vegan. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg
1120 Townpark Ave (Thomas Jr Pkwy and International Pkwy)
Lake Mary, Florida 32746
407-833-0901
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Julie R
Julie R
Julie R

NICE OPTION FOR SANFORD / LAKE MARY AREA

4 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2013

I have not found many choices in Sanford and Lake Mary for a good vegetarian place, so I was happy to find this chain. (If you are in this area and don't mind driving 20 miles south on I-4, there are much better vegan places in downtown Orlando, and there's a great little vegan place in Eustis, which is about 20 miles west).

My experience at Crispers was nice. I was pleasantly surprised by all the vegetarian options for me (2 veg soups and tons of salads and a couple veg sandwiches). I got a butternut squash soup that was fantastic, and a baked potato. Now, I have to say, the baked potato was the littlest thing I have ever seen! But, it didn't cost much so it didn't matter. It was a big, hearty bowl of soup and, again, it was delicious. I also had a fantastic mango tea. It was very cheap to eat here.

It is friendlier to vegetarians than to vegans; I am not sure how many vegan choices someone would have.

The place was super-clean and the girl behind the counder was very nice and pleasant. I wanted to make sure the squash soup was vegetable-based, so I asked the girl about it. She didn't know, so she sought out the manager to answer my question (it was vegetable based, but had cream in it); I appreciate that.

You order at the counter, take a number, get your drink then sit down - they bring you your food. There are lots of tables and lots of booths to sit at; there are also outdoor tables. The service was quick and efficient.

I'll be back because I liked all the vegetarian options I had.

Pros: Good food, Several veg choices, Cheap
Cons: Serves meat

Dear Owner and Manager of Crispers: