Serves meat, veg options available. Offers a seperate vegan menu which includes both savory and sweet crepes as well as ice cream. Has Daiya cheese, Earth Balance spread, whole wheat crepe batter. You choose the ingredients to create a crepe. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Non-veg

First Review by MrsBalfour
DollyWiggles
DollyWiggles

Mmm..vegan crepes

4 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2012

I'm more of a savoury person while my fiancé is more of a sweets person, so my first expirience was by myself trying one of their many savoury vegan crepes. Really fantastic and filling; fresh veggies and melted daiya cheese wrapped in a fluffy warm and delicious crepe.

I also really loved the mango tofulatti float.

The sweet crepes did not dissapoint. They weren't too sweet(which has been my problem with sweet crepes in the past)and just as filling. I had the Yvonne while my man had the Charlotte and tasted eachothers. So good! They do put icing sugar on top so if you don't want that you could obviously request that they do not. The coffee was pretty good too.

It's also worth noting that the people there are SUPER friendly and helpful and when you order vegan crepes they'll ask if you know about the fantastic vegan store Karmavore cloe by which is just so very sweet and wonderful.

The Quay in New West is sure getting to be a go to place for vegans what with this place and the newly opened Wild Rice which I will try next time I'm there.

Pros: friendly, helpful, great prices for great portions
Cons: icing sugar on sweet crepes
lissabliss
lissabliss

the only vegan crepes in metro vancouver??!

4 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2011

The friendliest woman helped us place our orders. The selection was extensive - hard to choose! I had the authentic Malaysian savoury crepe and was not disappointed (though I could've eaten two)! My friend had a basic crepe with spinach, daiya, tomatoes and mushrooms. We were both really satisfied with our orders. Their sweet crepes look awesome as well and they even have different flavours of Tofulati (ice "cream").

The main drawback is that it's out of the way... But! The New Westminster Quay is in the midst of a total revitalization! While there, my friend & I bought a bunch of gorgeous jewellery and pretty things from Tiny, right next door (totally reminds me of Portland). Also, Donald's Market is right there and is a great place to pick up specialty groceries (great sales).... and, of course, a trip to New Westminster is not complete without a trip to Karmavore! I would recommend making an afternoon of a visit to New West (1/2 hour Skytrain ride from Vancouver). In between Karmavore and Crepes Des Amis, check out the Salvation Army thrift store on Columbia right by the New Westminster Skytrain station!

Pros: close to Karmavore, the vegan store! , great selection, excellent service
Cons: Isolated
tigerstar
tigerstar

Crepes And A Stroll

4 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2011

I'm so excited to see an eatery serving an array of vegan items. The owners are genuinely friendly and inviting... I tried the Catherine (banana, walnuts, and brown sugar), which was delicious, and can't wait to try a savory crepe... Also, if you want your crepe made to go, they are wrapped in a paper cone, perfect to take for a morning stroll along the boardwalk.

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent food, Nice location
JaymeBrooks
JaymeBrooks

Delicious Crepes in Downtown New West!

4 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2011

I bought the Bordeau Crepe for dinner tonight off the savoury menu, with spinach, mushrooms and Daiya cheese. It was delish! They have a whole separate menu for vegan dishes and the couple who run it are really sweet and excited about their new vegan offerings. Can't wait to go back and try some of their sweet crepes next time.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff
kimward8
kimward8

Delicious Crepes!

4 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2011

I had the bordeax savoury crepe with spinach, mushrooms and white daiya cheese. It was so good. For dessert I tried the Juliette sweet crepe with apple pie type filling and caramel sauce on top. It was really good too, especially the caramel sauce. Next time I'm going to try the ones with maple syrup. I'm so excited that there is a place that makes vegan crepes. And not just one kind either - they have a whole vegan menu! I hope they open a location in Vancouver.

MrsBalfour
MrsBalfour

So excited for Vegan Crepes!

4 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2011

I love French food and I was so excited to try vegan french crepes for the first time. It was everything I was hoping for. They also have really great vegan ice cream that goes perfectly with dessert crepes. This restaurant is a wonderful addition to an already great city!

Pros: Delicious, Great Customer Service, Vegan!

Dear Owner and Manager of Crepe Des Amis: