Serves meat, veg options available. Southern restaurant in the highlands district in Edmonton. A vegan menu is offered Mon-Sat evenings and Sunday is buffet. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Southern, Creole, Non-veg

simionpfrenslon
simionpfrenslon

Delicious

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2014

First time there, loved the atmosphere, staff was friendly and attentive. Food quantity, flavour and price were all a pleasant surprise. Delicious in fact!

EsaHitr1990
EsaHitr1990

Delicous food

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2014

t had been a few years since my last visit in Edmonton but I was happy to discover the excellent tasting food hadn't changed. Everything ordered was delicious...

Giani000Chris
Giani000Chris

Warm and friendly staff

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2014

Warm and friendly staff, good atmosphere, food, drinks, great music. I’m regular at the Creole Envie and what I like most is that there is no dress code and it still holds good reputation. I feel free to stop by for a coffee or lunch, or to take my girl to a drink or a dinner. Good job guys!

Pros: friendly staff, good food, nice design

hristicazacu224
hristicazacu224
  • non-vegetarian

One of the best cheap places I have ever been

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2014

One of the best cheap places I have ever been to in Edmonton! They also serve Vegan food and my fiance is delighted! Definitely a must try place!

Pros: good food, vegan menu, fast service
EdinFilip22
EdinFilip22

In my opinion, the finest restaurant in Edmonton.

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2014

In my opinion, the finest restaurant in Edmonton. Food is like out of this world, the dishes are with ingredients that are very well combined. Great place!

benworrel
benworrel

Absolutely amazing!

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

Absolutely amazing! I went with my rowing team and the service was quick especially for having to serve a team of about 15. The food was light and fresh. The atmosphere was perfect. They have a great vegan menu!!!

MiroslavTerziski
MiroslavTerziski

One of me favorite places

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2014

One of me favorite places to get a drink and eat while in Edmonton!! Always an amazing experience, great food and fantastic service! Highly recommended when you are looking for a superior atmosphere and delicious unique food. I recommend Fried Chicken and Waffles menu.

Magda667
Magda667

This is our favorite restaurant in Edmonton

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2014

This is our favorite restaurant in Edmonton, and we try to get in to it once a month or so. Absolutely the best vegan food I've ever had and the staff is always friendly and knowledgeable.

addics
addics
  • raw

Simply put, it's the best dining experience I've e

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2014

I don't normally take the time to post reviews, but after the experience we had at Creole Envie, I felt they earned it. Simply put, it's the best dining experience I've ever had. Our family visited a cousin in Edmonton. The staff was extremely attentive and made it a meal to remember. The food was superb & the portions were so big. We'll be back next year!

Juniper3_3
Juniper3_3

Really good!

Posted on 04 / 24 / 2014

I really like this resturaunt. I had the vegan 'chicken' and waffles and enjoyed it quite a bit. My only complaint is that most things don't seem to come with any kind of vegetable side (you have to order them separately), so I got a really large portion of 'chicken' which made the dish very, very heavy. I would have liked half the 'chicken' I got and something green on the side. My husband had the eggplant and loved it. Looking forward to trying more things on the vegan menu. :-)

Pros: Location, Tasty
Petesternz
Petesternz

Not worth it.

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2014

We really liked it. But beware, its a small place, and the service can be spotty. Reservations on weekends are highly recommended. But the vegan menu is a real treat, and quite unique. The dishes we had were delicious, and they even had live music the night we were there. A nice change from the few other options available in Edm. I would not give this five cows if that were available, but four is fair.
Updated from previous review on Saturday April 12, 2014

UPDATE: though our first experience was solid, last night we suffered through one of the worst dining experiences of our life. The food was, quite frankly, awful. I dont know if the regular chef was off sick or something, but I can only judge by what I ate. The presentation and taste of every dish we had was terrible. The fried chicken and waffles (vegan version) was terrible. I barely ate half of this dry, expensive dish. The gumbo was no better, being gooey and flavourless. My parents ordered from the carnivore menu and were even less impressed. It kills me to say it, as Edmonton is starving for good vegan options, but I will not be back. Very expensive, and not worth it at half the price.

kimward8
kimward8

Unfriendly Staff

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

We tried to go here on recent day trip to Edmonton. It was 5pm and there was only one occupied table in the restaurant. We were told that they do not accept walk-ins on Friday and Saturday nights and that we should have made a reservation. The staff member was rude and unfriendly. We ended up going to Padmanadi twice instead. On their website it only says reservations recommended. They should change that to reservations required. The rude staff member didn't say that they didn't have room for us that night even, only that it was their policy not to take walk-ins.

Vegan Vipassi
Vegan Vipassi

Warning Vegans!!

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

WARNING!!!!;
A friend and I ordered some delivery from Creole Envie, from the vegan menu. They claim to prepare all vegan food in a different kitchen. Our collard greens and rice had some shredded pork in it. I did contact them, first thinking it was shredded beef. They contacted me back, not with any sort of apology, but to say they did not have beef on the menu. I wrote back and said okay, it must be pork then, and that I still had the container showing the meat, and if they wanted to see it, I would bring it in. ZERO response now....just be aware. I just could not believe that they could not even offer an apology. The email I sent was also very polite, and flattering as well.
Updated from previous review on Saturday March 15, 2014

I got an email from the owner; "My apologies." "I am sorry for the lack of a proper apology yesterday as I was off site and was unable to talk to staff until late yesterday regarding your order. "We do have some new kitchen staff and they didn't realize that the veg collards were in a separate kitchen." "I do honestly apologize for the lack of staff knowledge." Sincerely, D. Majeau.

Pros: responded well to complaint, beautiful decor, fresh ingredients
Cons: uneducated staff
Kendell_94
Kendell_94

You've gotta try out Creole Envie.

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

I'm not sure why we had never heard about this little gem before. It's a little bit out of the way (North/East-ish). You have to make a reservation to go there which is kind of strange and be sure to specify that you'd like to order off the vegan menu when making your reservation.

It's a very cute, quaint little place which has a very antique/romantic vibe which I loved. Because it's so small, we were very close to the other diners, however, which wasn't very relaxing or romantic. I noticed when we were leaving that they do have another small area on the other side (which no one was using) and I thought it would have been nice to be over there to be able to have a conversation with your dinner guest rather than everyone dining at the restaurant. I did find the staff very unfriendly, and unprofessional which is unfortunate but maybe she was having a bad day? I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, the food was unreal. I was completely unfamiliar with creole food before eating here and i was pleasantly surprised. I had the "Chicken" Fried Portobello Mushrooms with a side of mac and cheese and it was absolutely unreal. The portion was on the smaller side but it was absolutely delicious, the flavours and textures were incredible! My boyfriend got the Jambalaya which was good but not quite as noteworthy as mine. Oh and we also had the potato hot cakes to start which were good and fresh vegan homemade donut holes for dessert.

We will definitely be back, despite the bad service, and it'll be difficult to try anything else other than the "Chicken" fried Portobello Mushrooms because they were just that damn good.
Oh and it's also nice option when you're going for diner with non-veg/vegans because they have a "regular" menu as well as their extensive vegan one. Check this place out!

Pros: Excellent flavour & food, Extensive vegan options, Creative items uncommon to other places
Cons: Unfriendly staff, Have to make reservation, Tiny space/lacks privacy for diners
the_vegbrarian
the_vegbrarian

Awesome vegan menu!

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2013

Creole Envie has a great vegan menu on top of it's regular menu. You have to make a reservation for this small restaurant, make sure you specify that you want the vegan menu when you reserve!
I had the vegan andouille sausage po-boy, it was absolutely enormous! A whole french loaf of bread! Seriously it could probably feed two. You probably won't need a side dish, but the sweet potato fries are a good addition and there is even a vegan dipping sauce to go with them.
This is a restaurant that is somewhat high for my personal price range, but we definitely go there to celebrate special occasions! I highly recommend it.

Pros: extensive vegan menu, very large portions, super friendly owner
Cons: have to make reservations
Posi Britt
Posi Britt

OMG

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2013

I have never had any intrest in travelling to the south but after eating here I seriously asked my husband if we could. Entire page vegan menu had some weird and amazing things on it. Chicken and waffles? Vegan? Get in my face! My son had the chicken and waffles, I had the Jamabalaya, and my husband had the gumbo. All were phenomenal and we even finished it up with a slice of cherry pie topped with coconut milk whipped cream and an edible flower. I want to eat here every night! They only take reservations so walk ins is a no go. Totally worth it though.

Pros: Reasonable prices, Good portions, Neat atmosphere
Cons: Weird hours, Only takes reservations

Dear Owner and Manager of Creole Envie: