Creme de la Creme

Serves meat, veg options available. As of April 2014, owner of this bakery/restaurant is working on a formal, separate vegan menu, but does make many vegan meals upon request for eat-in or take out already. Uses Earth Balance instead of butter, and almond or coconut milks to strictly comply with vegan ideals. Some vegan choices include shepherds pie, portabello mushroom topped with mashed potatoes, eggplant and basil sandwich, pasta shells stuffed with cashew cheese, crab cakes, and almond cake. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, International, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by kmilitello
kmilitello
kmilitello

Easter vegan dinner was such a treat!

4 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2014

I had the most amazing Easter vegan buffet at Creme de la Creme. While the holiday buffet is technically vegan, vegetarian, and pescetarian, all buffet items were vegan except for one fish entree and 2 desserts that had dairy (but they also had a vegan dessert). I couldn't believe that 95% of the buffet was high quality, delicious vegan food. The restaurant frequently hosts these buffets for holidays like Valentines Day too. Check their facebook page for events. Vegan food wasn't an afterthought, it was the main attraction!

I tried pretty much everything on the buffet, but my favorites were the king mushroom oysters that were deceivingly like scallops in presentation and taste. The mushrooms did not have the seafood taste of a scallop, but the texture was so similar and the flavor so savory that I asked twice to confirm they were vegan. Amazing. Delicious. I wish I could eat them again right now.

My second favorite was the giant stuffed pasta shells with tomato sauce, stuffed with a cashew cheese. The cashew cheese was so creamy! Honestly, one of the freshest, creamiest, cheese substitutes that I have ever had and I love that it was house made and nut based and not a processed store-bought cheese.

Everything else was fantastic too. They had marinated portabella mushrooms with mashed potatoes, large stuffed tomatoes,calypso rice that was very flavorful, a Chinese eggplant, salads, and a vegan almond cake for dessert.

I had heard of Creme de la Creme but never ate there because there aren't really vegan options on their menu. Well, this is changing! They have a plethora of vegan options that can be made any night, and they are working on a permanent all vegan menu. I confirmed they use earth balance and no dairy for their vegan dishes (will use almond or coconut milk). Very friendly staff. We sat outside. There is limited seating both inside and out. It's a small, quaint restaurant with very upscale vegan food. It's the best vegan dinner I have had in Palm Beach County.

Update*** I went for my birthday dinner and specifically requested the oyster mushroom scallops in advance when we made our reservations- those mushroom scallops are mouthwatering delicious. We also ordered the veggie lasagna which was made fresh and assembled when we ordered it and then baked (which means it took at least 45 minutes to get to us but was amazing). The veggie lasagna is made with cashew cheese, rice noodles, cauliflower and nut "meat" and veggies. Long meal but great!

Pros: Very high quality food, Best vegan dinner food in the county, Holiday buffet you can try everything!
Cons: Waiting on the official vegan menu!

Dear Owner and Manager of Creme de la Creme: