Create Healthy Lifestyle

A nice organic restaurant and store. Offers a small selection of organic produce and a larger selection of packaged organic goods. Restaurant serves organic rice sets and noodles, and more. Uses less oil, salt, and no MSG. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Take-out

Peace ...
Peace ...

A New Lunch Experience @ Creative Healthy Lifestyl

Posted on 10 / 09 / 2010

Stumbled upon the news of Emotional Release Session ~ Healing With Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils mini event at Creative Healthy Lifestyle on 9 Oct 10 from 11am-1pm (S$20 inclusive of a healthy vegetarian lunch). A different kind of dining experience, vibrant food for the body and soul. Out of curiosity, I went.

Since Creative Healthy Lifestyle has two shop spaces, the mini event was held at #02-04 instead the one near to the escalator #02-17 in Fortune Centre. It just a small simple eatery with a grocery section too, but the ambience is quiet and homely.

The session was like a workshop sharing knowledge and we get to try the essential oil which was fun and interesting!
Lunch was great, we get to choose from the daily menu and I picked Tofu and Mushroom Brown Rice Set with Soup which normally cost S$6 (very reasonable).

The Brown Rice was cooked with some Chinese Olive Vegetables I guess and that makes it tastes special. What I love is the Minced Mushroom on the Tofu, very flavourful and it comes with either stir-fry broccoli with shimeji mushroom or stir-fry bitter gourd or stir-fry pumpkin with bamboo shoot and fungus. The clear soup is soy bean sprout with cabbage and white fungus. Quite a little surprise to find soy bean sprout as it is not so commonly available in eateries unless as seasoned side dish in Korea Eatery. On the whole, it was a simple and yet tasty healthy lunch.

Very satisfactory lunch and experience!

Pros: healthy cuisine, good value
pegasus2012
pegasus2012

Delicious meals always

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2008

I stumbled across this vegetarian café when I was scouting around in Fortune Centre for a clean and comfortable place to have a vege meal. I've eaten here 8 times in two weeks already.
It has wooden tables and chairs and it seats approx. 20 people. There is also counter top seating arrangement.
There are about 10 items on the menu written on a whiteboard. In addition they serve 'daily specials' as well. They serve mostly if not all organic items. And upon request they can serve organic egg. They serve water, only upon request. And they carry organic bottled and canned drinks. Price range for meals: S$3.00 to S$6.00, no GST/service charge. This is relatively cheap considering that it's a cafe style setup.
Their main meals are medium-sized in portion and this works fine with me as I like variety. If I'm really hungry I'd order a side dish of their scrumptious Organic Vege Sushi Roll. It's packed with local lettuce, carrot, alfafa, beetroot and mint leaves wrapped in seaweed. This is a hot favourite with many of their patrons. You could see easily how they prepare this, if you seat at the counter.
My other favourite dish is their Organic Cold Soba Noodle. The soba noodle comes with lots of diced raw vegetables. And the 'secret recipe dressing' has a hint of white sesame seed. Unfortunately they don't sell the dressing. At the time of writing this review, the soba noodle is a Monday & Saturday special.
Another meal I had was their Traditional Hakka Lei-Cha. At S$5.50 it is value for money. For this price you get a bowl of brown rice and it's topped with 7 ingredients - peanuts and various varieties of vegetables. The soup is basil and mint based. Very satisfying meal.
I've tried both their fried noodles & fried brown rice. They're delicious and I could tell that there's very little oil used. Most of their brown rice meals come with a bowl of soup. If like me you like chilli, they usually serve home-made 'sambal chilli'. I normally have about 2-3 helpings of this as it goes really well with the fried rice. And I like ending my meal with a hot cup of ginger tea, which is not organic and comes from Taiwan.
The staffs speak Chinese and English. They are friendly and ever ready to recommend a meal if you enquire.
*Good to know - you could borrow their 'toilet key' in order to use the toilet on the same floor as the restaurant. In Fortune Centre, the toilets are locked and are only for use by store owners. I didn't check to see if they have public toilets.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: limited menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Create Healthy Lifestyle: