Crazy Burger

Serves meat, veg options available. Eclectic diner style restaurant that offers some vegan options, including a selection of vegan burgers and vegan brunch dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Juice-bar, Non-veg

First Review by 7zulu6
thevegantwins
thevegantwins

What a surprise

4 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2012

We were staying in Rhode Island to get away from Hurricane Sandy. As a vegan mom to 4 vegan children, I made sure to do my research on available food prior to arriving in RI. My expectations were not high but for the 2 weeks we were in RI, I was very pleased, most especially with Crazy Burger.

I never expected a burger place to have a vegan menu let alone be able to create very tasty vegan food and have a knowedgeable, friendly staff. We ate there twice during the 2 weeks and were happy both times. We all loved the fries and hash browns and the older kids and husband loved the tofu avocado sandwich and shakes while the little ones loved the pancakes. I was very pleased with my tempeh roasted vegetable enchiladas. The staff were so friendly that when they discovered why were in RI, they gave us a $25 gift certificate for a return visit which we did do and would have done anyway even without the certificate.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great vegan food, Huge portions
Cons: Small place so a bit cramped
techno_veggie
techno_veggie

Great food, very cool atmosphere

4 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2011

This place has a good selection of vegan choices, including deserts! And they have vegan breakfasts. All the vegan burgers are amzing! The patio in the summer is a great place for a date or a quiet dinner with a friend.

Pros: Great food, Vegan breakfast, Vegan deserts
Cons: Long wait on weekends, Inside can be cramped in the winter
Vegan4Life26
Vegan4Life26

The best I've had!

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2008

Crazy Burger is great. I had the Vegan Loco Burger and it was the best vegan food i have ever had. The vegan carrot cake was very good. My non-vegan aunt enjoyed her non-vegan food as well. Has very nice outside dinning.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: limited parikng, Small space
cheeky
cheeky

Nice options, unique feel

3 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2008

The beachy, breezy establishment has great food, comfortable seating, and so many options. The staff is friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere is like something you'd see in an eclictic movie scene.

Food is great - can't go wrong. I loved my pancakes. Everyone else loved their dishes too.

Veganfriend
Veganfriend

• non-vegetarian

One of the greatest places on the planet

4 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2008

This is in my vegan's friend hometown and is probably one of the major reasons she's still vegan. All of their food is delicious and there are tons of options for omnivores, vegetarians and vegans. The wait staff is very friendly and on top of great food there are wonderful vegan smoothies, coffee drinks and desserts.

Pros: Great food, Lots of choices, Friendly staff
Cons: not a lot of seating

thermalbunny
thermalbunny

Yum!

4 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2007

Rhode Island is kinda limited with it's vegan/vegetarian dining options. I give Crazy Burger 3 stars for yummmy food. The only thing that is not yummy is that the french fries are cooked with everything else fried, ie. calmari, chicken, ect. Not Yummy. But the vegan burgers are clean and delicious and vegan pancakes are the best I've ever had! And vegan cookeis!

Pros: vegan pancakes, tofu scrambler, vegan milkshakes
Cons: french fries not veg., cold in winter
will-travel-for-food
will-travel-for-food

One of my favorite restaurants on the planet!

4 Posted on 03 / 13 / 2007

One of my favorite places to eat in New England, hands down. Tasty recommendations for vegan: the champ pizza with vegan cheeze, the Just Plain Nuts burger (made with cashews/nuts/seeds and topped with a sundried tomato pesto), poundies (side dish of mashed potatoes with spinach and carrots "pounded" in), and vegan cookie splits (huge cookies with bananas and Rice Dream). I have never ever been disappointed with the food, the service, or anything else here. The restaurant and decorations/art inside are all very cute and beachy, and the waitresses are always very friendly. It is a really great place with a fantastic outdoor terrace for warm-weather meals. Narragansett is very lucky to have this gem! Keep up the great work, Crazy Burger!

Pros: incredible food, great, friendly service, fun, beachy atmosphere
7zulu6
7zulu6

Crazy for Crazy Burger!

5 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2006

The food is excellent and healthy. The staff is efficient and frinedly. The decor is cool. I always have fun eating there.

Pros: Good food, Nice Staff, Health cuisine

Dear Owner and Manager of Crazy Burger: