Serves meat, veg options available. Set in an historic house offers a gluten free menu. Also vegan and veggie nights once a month. Homey atmosphere, good service. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Thai, Beer/Wine, Vietnamese, Non-veg

Missjez
Missjez

small town vegan

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2015

We decided to day trip here from Chicago. The town is small and quirky and so is the Crane and Pelican. The restaurant is in a historic house with an amazing view of the Mississippi River. There is an art studio above the restaurant. We had the hummus plate appetizer and I got the gnocchi which is the only vegan option specifically identified on the menu. It was really tasty and a bit different with a hint of lime. Veggies were fresh. The portions on the gnocchi were pretty small (my husband had a meatloaf sandwich which was big enough for two people). I recommend for the vegetarians... Lots of options available. The atmosphere was pretty laid back and I am pretty sure the chef would accommodate and vegan requests.

Pros: setting is gorgeous, food is tasty, staff was attentive and friendly
Cons: small portions, pricy
MattyB
MattyB

Nice Place

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

Stopped here while traveling through on I-80 and had an awesome vegan burger. They have a couple of other vegan and vegetarian options, hummus, salads, pasta, and sandwiches. The restaurant is really cool, it's in an old house and overlooks the Mississippi River.

Pros: Awesome setting, Good food

Dear Owner and Manager of Crane and Pelican: