Serves meat, veg options available. Ask for tofu as substitute for meats, and let your waiter know if you are vegetarian or vegan. Can get crowded and noisy. Previously located on E College Ave. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by condekedar
Gilead19
Gilead19

Excellent

4 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2012

I like this place a lot. I typically get curry, but the pad thai is also excellent. Highly recommended.

Pros: variety, excellent food
elles_belles
elles_belles

Not the best thai in State College but still good

3 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2011

The quality of the food isn't the best at Cozy Thai although you will get a satisfying meal. It is the most veg friendly.
The curry dishes aren't as thick and creamy as I usually like but they are flavorful. My meal of choice is the Panang curry.

PennsyltuckyVeggie
PennsyltuckyVeggie

Take a Friend

3 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2011

I agree with all other reviewers that the most important thing is to start off making sure you don't choose anything with fish/oyster sauce. That out of the way, you can have a great veggie meal.

Drinks are tasty and refreshing, meals come out hot and fresh and full of flavor.

It's a hustling kind of place and, like at the old location, you might have a wait.

Pros: flavor, great appetizers
Cons: pricey
k-veg
k-veg

Reliable Vegan Choice

4 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2011

I know that if I don't want to ask too many questions or think too much Cozy Thai has multiple delicious vegan options. The only request I have to make is to omit the fish/oyster sauce. The prices and portion sizes are reasonable too. I would recommend this place for lunch/dinner and would probably go more often except it gets very crowded at times. Often when I've gone I've felt the server was trying to rush us along and because they're busy refills or other requests don't tend to happen.

Pros: Many Vegan Choices, Reasonable Price, Plenty of food for price
Cons: Wait times, loud/crowded, feel rushed
fondducoeur
fondducoeur

State College Fave

4 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2009

This place is really good, although we tend to only go for special occasions as it's expensive. They have a great vegetarian menu, and if you tell your waiter you are vegan, they will ensure their is no fish sauce/oyster sauce. I have found the service to be very helpful.

I normally get the panang curry which is delicious, but their stir fries are also good. We also sometime splurge and split a soup or appetizer (I recommend the golden potato cups!).

Pros: Great food, Large vegetarian selection
Cons: Expensive, Can be crowded

stellafa
stellafa

My favorite!

4 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2008

Cozy Thai is one of my favorite restaurants in State College. Everything on the menu is great. I have gone at least 15 times and the food is so good, no one has ever had any leftovers. It is a locally owned store with great atmosphere and service!

condekedar
condekedar

Mediocre

2 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2007

Cozy Thai has great ambience, and is a good place to take a date, but their food is lacking. Their curries and stir-frys are either too salty, greasy or sweet and portion sizes are small. Prices are reasonable, the service is slow, and the place gets jam-packed at peak hours (12-1 p.m. and 6-8 p.m.), so make reservations ahead of time, especially on Friday or Saturday. Their main competition, Viet-Thai, has much better food but is lacking in terms of decor. Vegans and vegetarians make sure to specify no fish or oyster sauce.

Pros: Prices, Ambience
Cons: Food quality and portion size, Service, Crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of Cozy Thai: