Coyote Kitchen

Serves meat, veg options available. Offers tempeh and tofu as substitute for meat in some dishes. Gluten free options. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Southwest Caribbean, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg
200 Southgate Dr (Walmart shopping plaza)
Boone, North Carolina 28607
828-265-4041

Open Sun-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11am-9:30pm.

First Review by veglogic
veganblogger
veganblogger

Messy presentation and flavors

2 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2013

I second a previous reviewer's concerns about cross-contamination of animal products into vegan food. The servers we encountered were nice enough and understood vegan diets, but there was also cheese stuck to the outside of our burritos. Also, every time I've eaten there I've gotten sick. This makes me wonder what slipped into the food I attempted to order animal product-free. They slather a spicy veganaise on anything your order vegan--making a lot of their food taste the same. Over all the presentation was messy, and so were their flavors.

I was impressed with their gluten free options--they even have different ciders and gluten free beers. For a place to advertise itself as being extremely vegan friendly, they need to clean up their actual cooking and make sure what goes out to a vegan customer is actually vegan.

If you're vegan and in Boone, I'd say go here in a pinch but check out the Hob Nob cafe for safer and tastier options.

Pros: gluten free beer
Cons: animal product contamination
blaineb
blaineb

Excellent Food Great Value

4 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2013

They'll alter anything to be veg and most to be vegan. Impressively open and informed servers.

Pros: Eye Candy Waitpeople
Cons: Large Portions Too Many Choices
3dollarbill704
3dollarbill704

needs attention to detail

1 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

service slow, servers exude that "i'm so hip and i'm bored by you and this place" vibe, menu states they focus on vegan diet(as well as gluten free- 98% of items have dairy or meat on them but you can "edit" to make them vegan. my biggest fault with this place is that the food isn't clean- my vegan burrito had 3 hunks of chicken mixed in, my friends tempeh burrito had cheese shreds sticking to the outside of the tortilla.this ahs happened several times and to multiple vegans i know. i can't trust that my grilled veggies in a dish didn't cook next to or in animal fat. this coupled with the snotty attitudes of staff and general dirtiness makes this place a "NO" for me.

Pros: prices, variety
Cons: cross contamination, poor attitudes, cost
PMAallday
PMAallday

Great place

4 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2012

I saw this place on happycow and had to check it out. It had great service. Not a huge selection of vegetarian food but you will be able to find something you like easily. Great beer list, decent prices, and it is a perfect place to go to sit outside and have a few beers and eat some healthy food. I will be going back.

finnophile
finnophile

Good Place

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2011

Sometimes the place is busy, it's small so you may have to wait. The food is good and there are lots of vegetarian and vegan options. The staff understands the difference between vegetarian and vegan, a nice plus.

Pros: Yummy, Staff/service

Helen Phillips
Helen Phillips

Coyote Kitchen

4 Posted on 03 / 26 / 2010

Fantastic food, when it's well cooked. Consistency is a problem. But, wow, when it's right, it's heavenly. The soups are unusual and scrumptious. I've taken many people to eat at Coyote Kitchen and every one -- vegan, vegetarian, meat-eater -- found it wonderful and goes back often. Any item can be altered to be vegan/vegetarian. I find it best to eat at lunch as the supper cooks aren't as on top of getting it right.

Pros: varied menu, killer soups, large portions
Cons: inconsistency, can be slow
veglogic
veglogic

Great Veg Options

4 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2009

While the restaurant isn't fully vegetarian, they still offer plenty to choose from. I believe that all meat dishes can be made with either tofu or tempeh subbed for the meat. Most if not all vegetarian options come with dairy but the staff actually understands veganism and will help you customize your order to make it vegan. They also offer a PB and Chocolate Vegan Cake for dessert. The only negative I have is that service can be slow even when they aren't busy.

Pros: Great Food, Knowledgeable/Friendly Staff, Large Portions
Cons: Poor Service Occasionally

Dear Owner and Manager of Coyote Kitchen: