Serves meat, veg options available. Natural food restaurant with a nice atmosphere. Waiters speak English. Has vegetarian and fish dishes. Moved from O'Connor in Jan 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Argentinian, South American, Non-veg

First Review by nspanee
eselbrot
eselbrot

Excellent

4 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2014

This restaurant is actually all vegan, except for the Fish.
We really liked it.
It's mostly open only during lunchtime, be sure to check before you get all excited :-)

Pros: Creative Food, Excellent Taste
Cons: Not always open
choogirl
choogirl

A vegan restaurant that serves fish

4 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2014

This restaurant is a vegan gem in Bariloche! Everything on the menu except the two items containing seafood is vegan. I had the menu del dia which included a juice, a vegan starter (wholemeal bread with a carrot dip) and a pizza with a sunflower based cheese and salad. It was great. The desserts are also vegan and quite delicious. They also serve you green tea for free, which is nice.

Sadly this place is only open for lunch but I WISH it was open for dinner every night as well since it's the best veggie option in Bariloche.

Pros: Vegan menu except for the fish
Cons: Not open for dinner except Fri and Sat, Not open at all on Sundays
jes
jes

Tasty!!

4 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2013

The food here was amazing. I went to Covita with my mom who is an omnivore and my dad who is mostly vegetarian. My dad ordered the daily special, a tofu dish, which was vegan, I ordered a curry (also vegan) and my mom ordered a fish dish. When the food came and we took our first bites, we all had the same reaction, one of amazement at how tasty it was. I noticed other diners in the restaurant had similar reactions to their food. If this place were entirely vegetarian it would definitely get five cows from me, especially since it's in a town with few veggie options.

Pros: Amazing food, Nice atmosphere, Friendly staff
nspanee
nspanee

Covita making us happy

4 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2011

Covita serves Fish. No other meats. The menu includes salads, chapati, curries, vegetable wok, pad thai and 3 to for raw things like beefwood carpacchio or zucchini noodles with a wasabi mayonnaise.
We went there 3 times. There are 2 chefs and two servers. The girls are really nice and helped out with figuring about vegan foods. Most of it was vegan anyway only the pad thai had fish sauce which they changed to soy sauce. Not complicated at all. As for soups they have a soup of the day. Once miso, other time lentil and also beetroot. They must be influenced by macrobiotics so some time there were not a lot of spices included, but with some gomasio it was perfectly fine.
Usually they have a daily meal. Including salad, main dish and a chai. Not sure about dessert but it cost around 35 peso.
They have lovely fruit juice too, like a fantastic raspberry drink or water lemon. Dessert wise they had a banana cake with passion fruit ice cream or fruit salad with chestnut cream. Very delicious! Other day chocolate cake with raspberry ice cream. The cake is pretty heavy but as there is not too much sugar in it it's a good finish.
Sometimes it may be packed of people so just be prepared to wait a few minutes but the people and especially the ladies there are really nice worth waiting. And don't get in too late. They close at 3 so MAYBE they won't serve you any food after 2.15pm anymore.
Located opposite the cathedral so no chance to miss it.

Pros: Very good service, Good, Healthy food
Cons: Not open in the evenings

Dear Owner and Manager of Covita: