All-you-can-eat vegan buffet for around $7.50. Operated by 7th Day Adventists. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Buffet, Salad bar
15 Roxbury St
Keene, New Hampshire 03431
603-357-3975

First Review by will-travel-for-food
LaurenC
LaurenC

Cozy, inviting, delicious, and affordable

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2014

My friends and I stopped in for the Sunday brunch. I was excited, because I remembered this business back when they were in Boston over a decade ago. It has an even better set-up now: it's cheerful and bright, with plenty of open space and lots of food to choose from at the buffet.

Everyone was happy with their food. The place makes you feel like you are home for the holidays, and Mom missed you so much, she made you a huge meal with all your favorites.

We all live in the Boston area, but everyone opted to get a frequent diner card, because we know we'll be back.

Pros: Delicious, wholesome food, Buffet-style: choose what you like, Extremely friendly staff
Cons: No coffee/caffeine, No chocolate
BJWahl
BJWahl

A Gem of a Vegan Restaurant

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2014

Country Life is a hidden gem down a side street in Keene NH. The cook and owner, Peggy, is amazing - she offers wonderful innovative vegan food. We haven't been there during the week when lunch is served, but we go to the Sunday Brunch as often as we can. The buffet table is loaded with interesting vegan entrees, a great salad bar, awesome desserts, soup, pancakes, and more. You pay by the plate size, from $3.50 up to $10.50 I believe. We usually get the $7.50 plate. It is not all you can eat - you fill up your plate once and in one layer. Everything is invariably good and she serves a different buffet every Sunday, bringing us back to try more. I wish she would publish a cookbook of her recipes.
Updated from previous review on Monday January 06, 2014

Pros: Excellent food, Nice atmosphere, Good value and quality
Cons: Not open for dinner, Limited hours
Helen T
Helen T

Delicious, colorful, variety - LOVE it!

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2013

A wonderful array of delicious vegan food. All prepared with care. Nice and comfortable country setting. A great place to meet with friends. People there are friendly and helpful. And the price is right. A great place to introduce your friends, your family or your neighbor to healthy vegan food. They would no doubt find something they like. I normally don't bother to review restaurants. But this time I have to say I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Pros: Excellent food, Nice atmosphere, Friendly people

azoraa
azoraa

Lunch buffet

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2009

Buffets are few and far between so it was nice to stop in here a couple of times. Clean, bright dining room with plenty of elbow room, slow and relaxed setting. The buffet is not huge and is mostly cold salad items. Note the interesting reading material available if you get bored.

Pros: set price, good salad
Cons: limited selection, religious atmosphere
aradiapixie
aradiapixie

good place

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2008

I have only been there once and it was pretty good. Not SUPER impressive, but a good all vegan option if you are in the area. They used to have a location in Boston that I went to a few times. Nice people.

Pros: good food, nice people
Pat
Pat

Good

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2008

We went here during visit to see family in Newport. The place is good-- a little wierd hearing the religous conversation, but I guess i cant complain because I am on their turf at their place, but pretty good food the pot pie was great, real hearty. Not many options to choose from. I would go again if i am in the area

Pros: Pot Pie
will-travel-for-food
will-travel-for-food

Delicious, healthy, and inexpensive!

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2007

Went here for the first time yesterday. The food was absolutely fantastic. I got the all you can eat buffet for $7.50 and tried pretty much everything that was available. Everything (from the salad dressings to the soups to the entrees to the desserts) was delicious. I wish this was closer to my home so that I could go here more often. This place is run by Seventh Day Adventists and is very health-oriented. No heavy-handed religious message at all. (There is a picture of Jesus on the wall... That's about it.) A large quantity of free literature related to healthy eating is available, too. The people working there were very nice. The place is a part of the same chain that owned Country Life in Boston (RIP). If you're anywhere near Keene, NH, be sure to try this place. Even folks from Worcester/Boston would benefit from driving here to eat.

Pros: AWESOME food, cheap buffet ($7.50), kind employees
Cons: It's in New Hampshire!

Dear Owner and Manager of Country Life: