Serves meat, veg options available. New Orleans restaurant serves Mexican and Latin American cuisine with vegan options. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Cuban, Non-veg

First Review by JohnKeith
HollyWanders
HollyWanders

meh

1 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2014

They are able to make food vegan but I'm not even sure why this is on here honestly. The food was ok, very generic. I wouldn't go back, so many other good looking restaurants to choose from that I'm sure could have also made a vegan option. Not very

adc1984
adc1984

Pass

2 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2014

Very few vegan options, and those that do exist are quite tasteless. I requested no cheese and stressed this twice, the server relayed this to the kitchen staff, walked back to my hotel and discovered cheese. Walked back and had it quickly rectified. Wouldn't go back.

Pros: Fast, Cheap
Cons: Few vegan options
rpturl14
rpturl14

Decent Food, But Wouldn't Return

3 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2013

My initial impression of Country Flame was that it felt a little unclean. This could be in part because of the smell, or because of the old food stuck to the menu. I ordered the vegetarian fajitas, which were good, but nothing to write home about. In short, I wouldn't return or recommend this restaurant to a friend.

Cyndi16
Cyndi16

Not bad but poor service

1 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2012

The food was okay, not a favorite of mine. New Orleans offered much better vegan good. The service was terrible! The manager was drunk, yelled at us because we were still sitting at our table (waiting for our check). She was upset about something after talking to us and threw some dishes in the trash can (close to our table) and missed and threw food on one of our friends. She didn't say sorry or take anything off our bill. She gave us a towel to chean it up.

Pros: Food wasn't bad
Cons: Needs more vegan choices, Services was terrible
monicalsmith1
monicalsmith1

Just ok

2 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2012

We were starving and I remember seeing this restaurant on happy cow. The previous reviewer gave it a good review. We don't quite agree. We ordered vegetarian fajitas which were much better than the mexican combo plate which had at least 1/2 pound of cheese. couldn't eat most of it. it was nice that it has veggie options on the menu, but the food is just mediocre.

Pros: Friendly staff, Veg options
Cons: Not the greatest quality, A LOT of cheese
JohnKeith
JohnKeith

Authentic Mexican Vegan Options

4 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2011

When you step off the street it is like stepping into another country. This is like a typical Mexican cantina with homey service, fresh food, and latin atmosphere. There are very few vegan or vegetarian options on the menu, but try the platano fajitas. As well, the staff will customize almost anything on the menu to suit your requests. I have found this to be quite common in Latin countries, especially South America, but not so much here, where they prefer just to remove items as opposed to substitutions. As well, vegan food is hard to find in the French Quarter, so this is definitely a place to try. We ate here several times and were never disappointed.

Pros: Fresh cooking, Excellent food, Very flexible kitchen staff
Cons: Few vegan options