Serves meat, veg options available. Try the natural frozen yogurt and deli sandwiches. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Non-veg
7711 Perkins Rd
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70810
225-767-9977

First Review by Raeofsunshine
VeganYUMYUM
VeganYUMYUM

Not any more vegan friendly than most places

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2009

The decor at this place is nice, but that's about as good as it gets. When we walked in, there were two young workers behind the counter flirting and playing around so we had to stand their akwardly ahd wait for them to stop. It took a while, but eventually one of them made their way over to the register to take our order. I ordered the avacado sandwich (because that was pretty much my only option) and it was decent but not wonderful. Half-way through, I found a big curly hair in my sandwich so I kind of lost my appetite at that point.

Pros: cute theme
Cons: Hair in sandwich, unattentive staff, not many options
  • Jeffrey Jeffrey

Hi Veganyumyum, I found your review pretty helpful. That hair in your burger sounded pretty gross, but it doesn't seem like their are a lot of other options in Baton Rouge

connivingmanatee
connivingmanatee

I guess it's an okay spot for vegetarians

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2009

I ate here once as a vegetarian and thought it was mediocre at best. I guess I would rather make my yogurt at home for half the cost. It's not any more vegan friendly than any other restaurant in town with one or two options, neither being particularly outstanding - a fruit cup and an avocado sandwich. I'd hope a place that's priding itself on being a healthy alternative would provide a few more vegan options.

Pros: healthier than alternatives
Cons: over priced, not vegan friendly
Raeofsunshine
Raeofsunshine

Way Better than Ice-Cream

Posted on 11 / 06 / 2008

I strongly recommend their plain yogurt. Its the best one to me. Its thick and creamy with a tangy taste, and if you want a bit more oomph, try the Humphrey Yogart. Its plain yogurt piled on with fresh fruit, granola, and honey. Yum, huh?
As for their food, I really haven't tried it. Its mostly sandwiches, but they do offer fruit cups and salads. :)
I just go there for the yogurt!

Pros: Amazing yogurt, Friendly staff
Cons: limited food choices

Dear Owner and Manager of Counter Culture: