Serves meat, veg options available. Casual place with quick service. Has several vegetarian choices like lunch gardenburger and falafel sandwich - vegans to specify(no cheese, yogurt, etc.). Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Mexican, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
510 E Pioneer Ave
Homer, Alaska 99603
907-235-6355

Open Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-3pm.

First Review by veggievet
Sarah P
Sarah P

Popular spot

3 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

I ate dinner at Cosmic Kitchen with a friend who loves their fish and chips. There were plenty of choices to be made vegan- burritos, salads, all that looked delicious. I ordered the taco salad and specified vegan, without cheese or sour cream. I also swapped brown rice instead of white rice for $.50, and substitutions seemed routine there. As I ate my salad, which was huge and gorgeous, things tasted a little different than I am used to, and I thought that perhaps the chips were fried in the fish fryers. As I ate down into the salad, I also realized that little shreds of cheese had been mixed in with the lettuce. I am guessing that the folks preparing the meal weren't very careful. I will give Cosmic Kitchen another try as it is popular and there are only a few places in town with ample vegetarian choices. But I will be more careful and be sure to inspect my food and not order anything fried!

Pros: Fast service, Large portions, Indoor or outdoor seating
Cons: Shredded cheese hiding in salad, Closes at 7pm
veggievet
veggievet

Great find for vegetarians traveling to Homer

4 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2013

As vegetarians traveling in Alaska, our food choices were limited in every city. We were very happy to find Cosmic Kitchen in Homer. The portions were generous, the food was fresh and delicious, and there were lots of vegetarian options! They were easily able to accommodate my husband who is vegan. Their burritos were fantastic and huge. Although I don't eat fried foods, I couldn't resist their sweet potato fries which were outstanding and the perfect complement to my salad.

A great find!

Pros: Large portions, Food is fresh and many vegetarian option, Service fast and friendly
Cons: Restaurant is small with limited seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Cosmic Kitchen: