Serves meat, veg options available. Cosmic Charlies serves a variety of purely vegan options as well as vegetarian in addition to non-veg. Some of the vegan options include cold spring rolls, onion bahjis, sweet potato fries with lemon tahini dipping sauce, thai mango salad, pad thai, and Singapore noodles. Flavorful and spicy food. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Asian, Caribbean, Non-veg
170 Charlotte St
Peterborough, Ontario
705-741-6491

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by JK
JillyBean
JillyBean

Cooked with Fish

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2011

I read this on another review site, and thought I should share it as a warning. I won't be going there now, as I am a strict vegan, and don't want to be eating fish!

"I was very disappointed. I couldn't get past the fact that I ordered a vegetarian meal, that wasn't vegetarian!! I could tell by the first bite that there was fish in it. I asked the waitress....she confirmed they use fish in the sauce because it enhances the flavor and without it tastes bland. I first was astonished they sell something labeled "vegetarian" when clearly it was not and secondly to insult all vegetarians by saying the food would be bland without meat in it! The waitress gave me the student discount (10 percent off) I still had to pay for the dish even though I could not eat it!!! Our other food was boring, blah and tasted nothing like Thai."

Cons: Not Vegetarian!, Unfriendly Staff
Ken4057
Ken4057

Couldn't get served

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2010

This cramped restaurant was so packed on Saturday evening we were on a waiting list and ended up going elsewhere. Word to the wise: call ahead.

JK
JK

Emergency dumplings

Posted on 10 / 23 / 2010

Dumplings are quite good, but the spring rolls, onion bahjis and sweet potato fries are all cooked with the chicken. My date's veg. noodles had a strange flavour and our waitress was a little curt, but if you have to eat somewhere...

Pros: licensed, dumplings, nice lighting
Cons: one deep fryer, one veg salad, unfriendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Cosmic Charlie's Cafe: