It looks a bit run down or even out of business from the outside, but go inside and you've got a dimly lit, punk rocky grundgey dive bar. I lived in England for a while, so I'm quite familiar with Pasties. These are the closest I've come to the real deal; they're really close. The menu has a dedicated vegetarian section that has a few Vegan options, including the 2 "daily vegan options" which change; so ask your server. That's what I ended up ordering, a vegan daily option and it was awesome. The prices seem a bit steep on the menu, but they're big pasties; the average person will be fine with just one, and they're delicious, so worth the price.
This is a cool hole in the wall dive bar kind of place. It was so busy that it took a while to get seats. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the food was amazing. There were lots of veg choices available.
I recently ate at the Cornish Pasty Co. for the first time. Be prepared for the "cozy" atmosphere: the Tempe location is a very narrow and long space, with tiny tables on one side and bar-type seating on the other. It's dark, loud, and busy, clearly a favorite college-crowd hangout, but the food is good. I had the Veggie Pesto "Chicken" Pasty (made w/ Qorn), and it was yummy. It was also huge, and could have made two meals had I not been such a glutton. All of the vegetarian pasties run between $8 - $9, so it's very reasonable. You can see their complete menu on their website.Pros: interesting vegetarian options, great value, friendly staff
Cons: small space, crowded, noisy
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Tempe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Cornish Pasty Co closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 842 times since Jan 2013.