Vegan southern comfort food, non GMO, uses 95% organic, locally sourced. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Southern American, Fast food, Take-out

Gopala 108
Gopala 108

Vegan American Diner Comfort Food in Eugene

Posted on 10 / 09 / 2014

This place rocks! 100 percent vegan comfort food and feels like a retro diner. Highly recommend the Reuben and my friend got the Hemp burger which looked great as well. Some of the food is heavier fare and deep fried, but lots of other great items like what we had that are less heavy yet done right.

I loved the side of greens and tried my friend's mashed potatoes w/ gravy which was amazing. Several deserts as well. I have been vegan 15 years and feel this is on ne of the top places in a very veggie friendly town to get great vegan food.

I think being vegan while eating local organic cooking healthy often it is fun to go to a place like this to have some decadent pleasure on occasion to live a little.

Seating is cozy and fare is hearty. Service was great. Support your local vegan business!

Pros: All vegan, Great service, Diverse Menu
Cons: Lots of Fried Food, Not much Raw Vegan
KathyBraun
KathyBraun

Cornbread Cafe

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2014

I just want to say that the Cornbread Cafe has the best Vegan food EVER!!!!.....Such a wide variety to choose from......My favorite is the Eugenewich.........Yummy......
Updated from previous review on Friday September 05, 2014

Pros: Great atmosphere, cozy, friendly
Cons: Parking lot is to small, Needs better location, advertised more
Xpopx
Xpopx

if in Eugene you must go here.

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

Great place, great food.

If you are in Eugene this is the place you must visit.

NIBsmf
NIBsmf

Love Love Love!!!

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

Food: 10!!! It lived up to my expectations and then some! I got the build your own plus a side and a dessert. It was all fantastic. My boyfriend also enjoyed his food.

Prices: 9. Good for the amount you get and the quality it is.

Atmosphere: 9. Cute and cozy. Love that they have trivial pursuit cards at the tables.

Staff: 7. The waiter was a bit slow and wasn't particularly friendly (though he wasn't a jerk, either).

Pros: Vegan, Yummy, Great Selection
wagmorebarkless
wagmorebarkless

Best vegan comfort food I've had

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2014

I didn't know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised. Everything we ordered was tasty. Loved the vegan BBQ sandwich. Their vegan mac and cheese was great. I intend to return many more times! When we arrived they were very busy during the lunch hour and we had to wait for a table. Didn't have to wait long, and was very worth the wait. Definitely a terrific find. The staff is very helpful and respectful.

Pros: Food arrived fast even while busy, tasty!!!, vegan comfort food at its best
Cons: can be busy , not a lot of seating
Meg Gee
Meg Gee

I swooned over the waffle!

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2014

My husband and I ate at Cornbread cafe a few months ago while visiting Eugene and it made me want to ditch SoCal Living and move to Eugene so I can eat at Cornbread Cafe every week.
The service was prompt and friendly and the menu was pretty extensive. I only got to eat there twice, but the items I tried were great. The waffle in particular was absolutely delicious. It was perfectly cooked (not overdone) and it was light and fluffy (like eating a delicious cloud of goodness). The pancakes were also yummy. The coffee was great and refilled often.
I unfortunately did not get to try the cornbread because my belly was at maximum density with waffles. When we visit Eugene again we will definitely be eating at Cornbread Cafe so I can try out more of the menu items. Keep up the great work!

Pros: All Vegan, Waffles
Cons: limited space
drdiquila
drdiquila

Tasted like my childhood

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2014

We had only one night in Eugene, and I'm glad we chose the Cornbread Cafe for dinner. Truly vegan comfort food, and a great old-style diner setting. I had the chicken fried tempeh with mashed potatoes and gravy with a side of greens. Oh. My. Dog. The breading was perfect, the gravy rich and creamy, and the biscuits fluffy and heavenly. This is the sort of place I'd take my meat-eating TX parents to, so I could show them exactly what they're NOT missing by going to a plant-based diet.

Pros: comfort food, great selection, funky, comfortable setting
xrodolfox
xrodolfox

awesome

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

Best comfort food ever.
I've eaten through their entire menu in a few months and everything here is a hit. Great for families and gluten free options rock. Reasonable prices and really nice staff. A jewel in the USA. compares to the best in SF, Chicago, NYC, etc.

nelliejean
nelliejean

just as described- great vegan comfort food

Posted on 10 / 25 / 2013

Very good food. The biscuits are surprisingly amazing (and fluffy!). Make your own meal is a fair deal. Great service & fast take out. Try the Mac & cheese. and make sure to get dessert!!!

Pros: BBQ, tasty food, pies!
Cons: massive carb load, Seitan is chewy, greens watery
pasquale
pasquale

Excellent (Vegan) Food

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2013

Stopped for lunch on trip to Portland - best burger I've ever had even thinking back to the bad old meat eating days. Stopped again for breakfast on way back south; food was creative and delicious. Can't wait for next trip north.

Pros: Great Food, Good choices on menu, Friendly Service
Cons: Area a bit grungy
J.Cow
J.Cow

Cowabunga, this is great food!

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2013

We stopped at Cornbread Cafe on a drive from Crater Lake to Portland for Lunch and a couple weeks later for breakfast when we stayed the night in Eugene. Liked the place right away, with its funky fifties diner vibe. Food is delicious. Cornbread is rightfully praised by other reviewers. My wife had what she said was the "best BLTA ever" for lunch and the
Avocado Benedict for breakfast was another standout. If we lived in Eugene we would eat there all the time!

Pros: Great Food, Fun atmosphere, Very homemade
Cons: We live in LA so cant eat here often
vaportrail
vaportrail

The Best Cornbread

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2013

This place rocks! I had dinner during a recent stay. The food is great. I recommend the BBQ seitan with cajun-seasoned fries. The cornbread is to die for. I asked for a piece to go, and the friendly waitress did not charge me for it. Good beer on tap also. Nice staff!

Pros: great food, friendly staff
Cons: only serve breakfast menu on Sunday

You must be rich.

• goldenrae2001 goldenrae2001

Hi! Thank you for your great review! Just wanted to let you know that we serve breakfast on Saturday too 9-12 and will be starting a limited menu breakfast Mon-Fri starting in the next couple weeks - if it's a hit, we'll include the rest of our offerings. Check our facebook page for more details :)

Sheree

• vaportrail vaportrail

Rock on. Please have your GREAT cornbread available in the morning. You have to pay for quality, and this price is cheap!

I also like the atmosphere in this place. The last time I was there, Johnny Cash's greatest hit's was playing (the cook was singing along), and it felt so right...and I am a Seattle grunge rocker (if not Deep Purple).

Blondies
Blondies

In love with the Cornbread Cafe!

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2013

My husband and I have driven from Rogue River to Eugene (little over two hour drive) just to eat at the Cornbread Cafe...not once, not twice, but three times! We love it that much. The folks are friendly, the restaurant is funky and fun and the food is so good. I'm in love with the chicken fried tempeh with cashew gravy! But, I have so many more things I want to try. I guess another trip is in order :o) Keep up the awesome job CBC!

P.S. I think the prices are reasonable for the amount and quality of the food. That's my two cents :o)

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly, down-home staff, Great options
  • MarkUser MarkUser

If you consider 12$ + tip for a veggie entree fairly priced...

MarkUser
MarkUser

good food, extremely expensive

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2013

gonna have to knock this place down a peg. the prices on everything just went up at least 1$ even on the cheaper 5-6$ items. i can't really justify paying 10-11$ for a tofu burger. i realize food costs are going up but i'm sure your profit margins are still very high. also the 10% discount for students is pretty insulting. what about those of us who don't get 10k a year in gov loans to be taught a bunch of lies (my tax money). anyway sorry guys, used to be my favorite but won't be visiting nearly as often now. i'm sure there will be some response about overhead, employee cost, rising food costs bla bla bla, but there is no way your eugenewhich costs more than 3$ to make, and 10.50$ is just too expensive on that. how about just giving everyone a fair price and quit with the discounts for starters? the hot wings went from 6-7$? just 5 pieces of soy dipped in hot sauce? this is the 2nd major price increase in the last year. you need to realize that customers are taking note of this and the increase in prices is not going to make up for the loss of business as a result. but do as you please, i just won't be bringing anymore friends there, i was actually embarrassed today when i brought someone there for the first time and saw the ridiculous prices. my friends reaction "wow this is pretty expensive for vegetarian food".

Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 29, 2013

Pros: Vegan, beautiful, Daiya Cheese Yumm!
Cons: really really expensive now
  • goldenrae2001 goldenrae2001

Yes, our costs continue to rise. We cannot stay in business if we don't raise our menu prices from times to time. We are an organic cafe and make just about every single item from scratch. Our overhead is EXTREMELY high. We are not making a profit yet. Cornbread exists currently to provide great food and service to the community and create a lot of jobs. We don't have any sandwich on the menu that is $11. Our Eugenewich, which comes with a side dish, is $10.50. Our Build-Your-Own Meals, which are a LOT of food, are $11. Our pasta meals, which come with salad/soup and garlic bread (generous portions) are $12. Here is what it takes to make our Hot Things: Cut and bake the organic tofu (which just increased in price), make organic "egg" mixture and the organic flour dredge. Make the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing (dressing consists of organic Vegenaise, organic soymilk, and organic seasonings. It is four large pieces, served with ranch dressing and raw carrots and celery and is worth the price.

There are plenty of students who are poor. We also give discounts to senior citizens, folks who bike, walk and ride the bus, and buy their gas at SeQuential. We also just did a Living Social promotion as a thank you to our customers, giving over $1,000 of free food away.

We are busier now than we have ever been. I think we are doing something right.

Peace.

• MarkUser MarkUser

If you think you're busier because you increased prices you are crazy. How much busier would you be if you didn't?

The cost of your tofu sandwich did not increase 3$ in the last year and a half. You can argue semantics and say the 11$ sandwich is 10.50 but the fact is you are the most expensive vegetarian restaurant in town by far, probably close to the most expensive restaurant in town period.

Your build-your-own meals nor your pasta are what I would consider "a lot of food". Especially for the 12$ price tag.

Your Wings are not worth the price. You can over elaborate the ingredients but its nothing but tofu, soy based sauces (most premade) & flour. For 7$? Your concept of what money is worth is insane.

That's great you gave away 1000$, how about knocking 1$ off 1000 entrees for your loyal customers instead?

I've personally stopped myself and 2 others from going to cornbread, your prices are embarassing even to meat eaters which should say something. I haven't been there in months, whereas I used to be there twice a week. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, I'm not just some angry customer I am telling you your business is going to fail if you go down this path, but do as you please. Great at cooking, lousy at business. Can't have it all I guess.

PrincessTracy
PrincessTracy

Vegan paradise!

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2013

My mom and I ate dinner here last night, and it was simply amazing!! The food was fresh and delicious and plated beautifully. Our server was quick and friendly and the prices were great, especially when you consider the quality of the food. It is now our favorite restaurant, and one that we will visit again and again!

Pros: amazing food, great selection, friendly staff
littleandfierce
littleandfierce

My favorite restaurant anywhere!

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2013

Used the Happy Cow app when we were near Eugene and decide to stop by. It was so good that two days later we drove back from Portland to eat there! The food is excellent. The chicken fried tempeh convinced my husband he could stick to a vegetarian diet. Mac and unCheese is a must. as is the kombucha, it's delightful.

Pros: Excellent food, friendly staff, great value
luckyoldwoman
luckyoldwoman

Great Word-of-Mouth and no wonder!!

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2012

Just came back from my second visit. My husband needs gluten free and the selection for that is fabulous. I got the tempeh because it was so good the first visit. I couldn't believe I would ever have potatos and gravy and a maincourse so hearty yet so vegan, too! The Gravy is made from cashews but you would never know it. The ranch dressing is the best I've ever had, including non-vegan brands. I made arrangements to buy a pint of it to take home. They were glad to accomodate me if I called ahead. I only wish they served wine with dinner there. They have lots of beer, but no wine choices.

Pros: Food is excellent, reasonable priced, gluten free as well as vegan
Cons: no wine available
Jeff M
Jeff M

My favorite restaurant!

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2012

This is my favorite restaurant! OK...I have only been there twice (only because we don't live in Oregon...yet), but both were some of the best meals that I've had. My grandparents are originally from Georgia and have always cooked great southern comfort food when I was growing up and Cornbread Cafe has captured this simple but delicious way of cooking. It is really difficult to make a decision when looking at the menu. They also have a good selection of local beers and kombucha on tap. Don't forget to save room for dessert--the whoopie pies and oatmeal cream pies are unbelievable.

The atmosphere has a fun retro/mid-century vibe and the employees were really friendly. They were having trouble with the keg of kombucha when we were there the last time and didn't have kombucha available while we were eating. They got it working just as we were leaving and the really nice girl helping us gave us a to go cup of it on the house, which I thought was really thoughtful and great customer service.

Pros: Awesome food, Friendly employees, Fun atmosphere
pneuma
pneuma

AMAZING!

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2012

I've been drug around form greasy spoon restaurant to greasy spoon restaurant all my life and now I found one that I love and can't wait to eat at again!

The food was amazing, the prices were great, the service was wonderful, and the restaurant was the cleanest "greasy spoon," place I've ever been in.

Usually I'm not a fan of substituting alternative meats etc to get American Comfort food. I like being vegan and I like vegan food. But holy cow this food is good! I got lunch for my son and I and our total was $11.00 and we got more food here then any where else we ate at on our entire trip. I can't wait to visit Eugene and go back to the Cornbread Cafe again.

Pros: Menu is simple but has a lot of choices, Prices are low proportions are not, Clean and great service
Cons: There's not more restaurants like this!
supadupabee
supadupabee

Excellent food, great service

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2012

Very good vegan food with lots of gluten free options. I had the fake fish sticks with a side of spinach and mac uncheese, everything was delicious and the service was great.

Pros: Amazing food, Good location, Friendly staff
Cons: Closes early Sundays
hd1lady
hd1lady

WOW

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2012

One of the best little restaurants I have found in my 50+ years... OMG the food was delicious, fairly priced, the staff knowledgable and friendly and I will eat there a couple times a week - for certain. DELICIOUS!!! True comfort food....

Pros: Excellent food
lilyellowlantern
lilyellowlantern

Simply WONDERFUL

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2012

My family and I recently planned a trip to Eugene from our home in Salem, so I scoped out veg restaurants via HappyCow so we would know our options. Cornbread Cafe stuck out because I recently moved here from the south, so vegan southern comfort food that I didn't have to take the hassle to prepare delighted me! The delightful experience we had AT the cafe has me sending praises to the vegan gods who blessed Cornbread Cafe! We ordered the buffalo wings as an appetizer and was BLOWN AWAY! I've never tasted such a wonderful thing(even after being veg 5+yrs) My hubby and I both got the chicken fried steak, his with mac n cheese, mine with greens. Outstanding!!! My picky 18mo old eatter even liked it! The prices were great as well! We each got meals, an appetizer, and had leftovers to take home for about $20, not to shabby for an amazingly delicious vegan meal! I've payed far more for subpar vegan food at subpar restaurants. Lets talk about the place and staff. The color scheme is my favorite, and the colors of my own kitchen :) it's cute, small, but comfy and clean. The staff was amazing. Our son was cranky from the ride, and our waiter promptly asked if we would want anything for him. She brought him a little jar or water, cup of crayons and paper. All of which are maybe not that far from other places, BUT she was friendly and patient, not annoyed like most restaurant staff. Then she brought out the cutest little cast iron skillet full of stickers and showed him to them one by one until he chose the one he liked. It was so just so nice. So kudos to you Cornbread Cafe!!! Not only am I telling everyone I know of your great food, but will DEFINATLY be back, probably every time we visit Eugene! Also I've been craving those damn buffalo wings since about 5 minutes after I finished eatting them...thanks for the new addiction ;)

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food, great prices
Cons: no complaints here
  • goldenrae2001 goldenrae2001

Thank you for such a rad review! I appreciate all of our reviews, but few bring tears to my eyes. What you have described is what we strive for and is actually in our business plan...and your happiness with your visit is what makes all the hard work so worth it! Happy Trails! We'll see you next time (and I'll definitely share your review with our staff, especially your server) - Cheers! Sheree, Owner

• MarkUser MarkUser

This was an amazing review, kudos! Can you imagine a world where every restaurant is like Cornbread Cafe? Just glad there's at least 1!

veganroadrunner
veganroadrunner

Vegan Comfort Food at Its Best!

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2012

I eat here almost every week and I've liked almost everything I've tried. The build-your-own option allows you to mix and match items. They are good about substitutions and accommodating special diets, such as gluten-free. Favorites are the Eugenewich and the Build-Your-Own meal with either chicken-fried tempeh or BBQ seitan. They have breakfast on weekends, which are huge and could easily be split between two people. For a smaller plate, you can't go wrong with the Sammy-I-Ammy (vegan english muffin morning sandwich). My only complaint is that they used to open at 8 for breakfast and now it's 9. I'm sure that was due to numbers of customers, but this early bird can't often wait that long for breakfast so I don't come in as often as I would love to. Overall though, a great, friendly, yummy place!

Pros: Excellent food, Great staff, Lots of options
Cons: Sometimes cold, Open late-ish for breakfast (9am)
  • goldenrae2001 goldenrae2001

Thank you for your great review! We really appreciate it! :) Sorry about the time change for breakfast. We gave the 8am time 2 months with only one table before 9am and sometimes none. We had to make the tough decision to open later knowing that would inevitably be some folks who'd be sad. We'll be adding breakfast burritos to the menu soon, as well as stuffed croissants (yes! vegan croissants!) - since we're already at the cafe getting ready to open by 9, we may be able to accommodate you with these and maybe some coffee and/or juice? Cheers! Sheree

• veganroadrunner veganroadrunner

You're so sweet! My partner and I have already talked about having some fruit in the morning to tide us over until you open because we really love all the yummy breakfast options.

EllieT
EllieT

Try it, you might like it.

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2012

I was a fan when it was a cart, and so glad they are back in business as a restaurant. When I moved to PDX, I made sure to get a CBC meal every time I visited. Now that I am back, well I will budget it in at least once a month. Last time I was there I saw an older couple take a look at the menu outside, make a funny face, and drive away. Well, their loss! Do not make the same mistake they made. It is well worth it!
I wrote cons, but do not let them stop you. Bring a sweater, and know that the wait is because it is sooooo yummy. The musicians are talented and you might like that. Or, if you are bringing a friend to chat with, go when there is not live music.

Pros: delicious food, great service, supports local businesses
Cons: sometimes musicians too loud, occasionally it's been chilly inside, might have to wait for a seat
  • goldenrae2001 goldenrae2001

Thank you for the great review, Ellie! I apologize for the loud music - you must have come on a Friday night? I'll talk to the musician again about playing softer. And the cold....we just need new windows, I think! ;) I thought the cafe curtains might help a bit. Summer's coming up though! See you soon! - Sheree

rockcita
rockcita

A terrific vegan diner

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2011

Walk through the door, and you'll feel like you're in a diner, complete with the comfy feeling and down home waitstaff you'd expect from such a place. This restaurant is decorated in a bright and cheery manner and is very clean with fantastic service. Everything on the menu is vegan and prices are reasonable. They offer a "build your own meal" option, where you choose one item from each of 3 categories. For the lighter appetite, there's a "small plates" section on the menu. Or if you want a sandwich and side, they can do that as well. Their desserts are ever changing and are not on the menu, but just ask your server what they've got. The restaurant seats a little over 50 people at both booths and the counter. It has two unisex restrooms, which are clean and tidy. However, they have cloth towels on a roll, which even though they're probably better for the environment, I don't like them, as you then have to touch the door handle to get out. But if you're not a germaphobic, then that won't matter much to you. The food is excellent, and the staff is so friendly and chatty that you'll feel like you're a regular on your first visit.

Pros: super friendly staff, great food, clean, clean, clean
Cons: cloth towels in restroom
glitter3
glitter3

Vegan Comfort Food At It's Best

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2011

I was so happy when I saw Cornbread Cafe getting ready to open as I drove by one day heading to work. I couldn't wait to try it, and now that I have, Cornbread Cafe does not disappoint! Their Vegan Comfort food is incredible and I have made many trips to eat with my non-vegan husband, who has been quite impressed with the quality and taste of the food. The Mac N Uncheese is a real treat for anyone who has been missing cheese; rich and creamy, you won't realize you're not eating the real thing. Deep fried southern Tofu is amazing, the BBQ Sammy is wonderful, and you have to try the Cajun Fries! The atmosphere is homey and relaxed - you seat yourself. The food is prepared quickly and it's affordable as well. Anyone who's been wanting to try vegan this is the place to try it! It's all WIN!!

Pros: Affordable, Quick, Delicious
Cons: Only open 5 days
John Mix
John Mix

Awesome!

Posted on 10 / 02 / 2011

Good food and really friendly and good people working there. All personas (hippie, punk, casual, sporty, business, straight, gay, lesbian, etc.) treated with same kindness and respect. Yay Cornbread Cafe! Yay 100% Vegan Restaurants! Yay Cornbread Cafe!

Pros: Friendly, Food, Helpful
Cascadian
Cascadian

Definitely my favorite place to eat in Eugene!

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2011

While Eugene has considerably more vegan dining options than many much larger cities, Cornbread Cafe is the *only* place I plan to visit every single time I am down there! The new location is in my favorite Eugene neighborhood, the staff are wonderful, the crowd is nicely varied, the diner decor/style is fun & the food is great too.

I give Cornbread Cafe 5 "cows" not because it is perfect or that it couldn't improve but because I feel that it is the best restaurant of it's type that I've seen yet.

I hope things only continue to grow well for the Cornbread Cafe crew!
Updated from previous review on Monday September 26, 2011

Pros: The Staff! , Tasty, thoughtfully sourced food, Yay for vegan diner
Cons: Closed on Sunday aka not open 24 hours, Not in Portland aka Roadtrip!!, More dessert options would be nice!
Akdouglas
Akdouglas

loved it!

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2011

Gosh I wish this place had been here for the 30 years I lived in Eugene! Friendly people and great food and this fall will be open for breakfast too! Check it out.

Pros: delicious food, good service, reasonable price
Cons: who doesnt love comfort food?
VintageVariety
VintageVariety

Yummy

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2011

I am not from Eugene but had been wanting to try CC since they opened.. it was very good. The pulled seitan bbq sandwich was DELICIOUS.. wow.. the fries were perfection, the mashed potatoes w/almond gravy were insane. The only thing I didn't like was their special, the Garbanzo Grill burger.. it tasted funky and not at all like when I went to Garbanzo grill. No matter, I want to try every thing on that menu. Oh, I also wanted to mention how friendly they were.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 13, 2011

Pros: good food, friendly, affordable
Cons: none
  • VintageVariety VintageVariety

Around 6pm, I believe. Thanks! :)

• goldenrae2001 goldenrae2001

Thank you for your great review :) If you can tell us the approximate time you ordered the burger, it would help us pinpoint what may have gone wrong. Garbanzo Grill burgers are amazing and we want to make sure they're going out at least almost as fabulous as Jon's. Thanks again! - Sheree

KaylaMarie
KaylaMarie

Not my favorite

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2011

I'm not a huge fan. The food is all deep fried and about as unhealthy as possible. The prices are also pretty high. I checked out the prices on their site from when they had the old cart and they have definitely hiked up the cost.

This place is decent if you're a vegan and looking for a place you can eat at...but dont expect too much.

Pros: vegan diner, cute decor
Cons: price, greasy/deep fried, bland
  • pneuma pneuma

Comfort food = Deep fried/Greasy , and rent on a restaurant vs a cart is probably similar to living in a travel trailer vs a 5 bedroom 3 bathroom house.

• MarkUser MarkUser

Try the salad if you're concerned with the other items!! These guys make the best salad dressings around, and I hate salad.

• goldenrae2001 goldenrae2001

Our focus is on unique vegan diner food using 95% organic ingredients, while buying locally as much as possible. We're sorry you didn't enjoy your meal. Please allow us the opportunity to make it right. We'll buy you lunch. We have many non-fried menu items to choose from, and our daily specials usually do not contain deep fried ingredients. We are also able to create something special for you. We have many guests who cannot eat certain foods, and our chef has accommodated them happily. Among our non-fried items are BBQ Pull-A-Parts, Mac unCheese, Mashed Taters & Country Gravy, Sassy Slaw, Uncle Todd's Greens, Salad, Cornbread, and more. Our Mac unCheese and Country Gravy are made from cashews, and only have a few ingredients in them, so they're actually pretty healthy. As are our slaw, greens, and cornbread (which is whole grain). We will be adding several new menu items in time for our grand opening celebration on August 13. These items include a Chickenless Salad Sandwich, French Dip, Biscuits & Gravy, and more. Again, we're sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit. We pride ourselves in serving up great food and giving great service. Our prices reflect larger portions than offered at our food cart, as well as much higher overhead.

buzzwolf
buzzwolf

Yummy

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2011

I love this place. The breaded tofu is excellent. Mac & "Cheese".....so good. Nice Vegans serving good food!

Pros: Good Food, Nice people
Cons: Short Hours

Dear Owner and Manager of Cornbread Cafe: