Corktown Pub

Serves meat, veg options available. An Irish pub that will make vegan food when you ask for it. Offers vegetarian suitable appetizers and uses separate fryers for meat. Has a house-made vegan black bean burger, vegan soup, chilli, and a tofu curry upon request. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Irish, Western, Canadian, Non-veg

First Review by andycraven
Proust
Proust

Great

4 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

Somewhat limited for vegan, but good for vegetarians. Great service, extremely friendly staff; good environment, wonderful experience. Food is good, and there is a decent selection of vegetarian food considering it is a pub. Options included veggie burger, salad, and several appetizers that can be made vegetarian/vegan. Recommended.

mariamia38
mariamia38

Awesome vegetarian dishes

4 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2013

We went to the Corktown as it was listed as a vegetarian friendly restaurant in town. It was fantastic! The chef, Andy, was very friendly and so helpful with letting us try dishes and recommending items based on the fact that I'm vegetarian (newbie) and my partner was not. The taste of the vegetarian curry was so amazing....and the vegetarian chili has such a unique flavour.....I am hooked! Andy is a master at turning non vegetarian dishes into veggie ones. I can't wait to go back!

Pros: excellent food, very friendly staff, good portions
RobbiJM
RobbiJM

so happy that Andy is there!

4 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2013

My husband, my brother and I ate at the Corktown in December. My brother and I are both long-time veggies...hubby had called and talked to Andy, who explained the vegetarian options. When we arrived, Andy came out and talked to us about the menu, items he had sourced to make sure they were vegetarian, and other meals that could be made veggie. Our food was excellent! And it is so reassuring to know that the chef actually understands what it means to be vegetarian. The fact that he is a fantastic cook is a bonus! We will be back...thanks so much, Andy!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Fantastic entertainment
greenlemon
greenlemon

great veggie options!

4 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2013

Excellent veg and vegan selections on the new menu. The chef is very accommodating, he explained all the veg options to me before i ordered. I ordered curryand chips, it had lots of tofu and was really saucey! My sister got the blackbean burger. It was very refreshing to get a housemade veggie burger that wasnt just a soy pattie. Overall, the food was wonderful and i will be recommending corktown to all my veg friends

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff
andycraven
andycraven

I am the head chef and I would like to serve you

4 Posted on 11 / 29 / 2012

I have recently taken over the kitchen at the Corktown, and as a lacto-vegetarian, am doing the best I can to incorporate a vegan friendly menu, while attempting to introduce a realistic authentic pub menu. While I realize the dichotomy between being a chef and a vegetarian, I am attempting to lower the reliance on meat within the restaurant. my new menu is less carnocentric than the former one was and is, and will become more veg*n friendly as time progresses, and I hope to have the support of the community as I strive to do so. if you do join us, please ask to speak with me, Andy, regarding our vegan options, or my AKM as I am training him as to the sensitivities of peoples individual requirements. Also let us know if you found us via the Happy Cow. Thanks.

Dear Owner and Manager of Corktown Pub: