Stuttgart's first vegan restaurant, situated in a old townhouse in Bad Cannstatt. Serves international cuisine, vegan interpretations of German food, fresh juice, organic & fair trade coffee, tea and wine. Dogs welcome. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, German, International, Beer/Wine

endofcity
endofcity

Not bad but not great

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2014

Vegan places are not so easy to find in Stuttgart, so I took at taxi out to this place.

Service is very friendly and welcoming. Decor is nice but the lighting was a little bit too bright for my liking.

The food was ok but I wasn't blown away. It was a little bit simple and not made with too much love. Vegan food can be so much better than this! Additionally, you can only choose certain things off the menu, depending on the day of the week.

However, the service was nice so not bad overall.

Pros: Service, Nice decor, Good value
Cons: Average food, Too bright inside, Location
ChristianaHasldorf
ChristianaHasldorf

Extremely delicious food!

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

Every time we come to Stuttgart (we stay close to Karlsruhe) we have our dinner here. We are always looking forward to it! The food is always excellent. And the servings are so large that we have to share one plate so that we can also have dessert. The staff is very friendly and you get served fast.
Last time we had the best Tiramisu we ate in our lives!!

Pros: very tasty large servings, good atmosphere, very friendly staff
proudtobveggie
proudtobveggie

Nice food and Deco

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2013

Though this place is bit far from Stuttgart center, it still is hit for its tasty food. We ate salad and a fruity milkshake which was great. They offer different kind of cakes and chocolates at bar and also for take away.
If you don't mind travelling then do visit this restaurant and enjoy tasty food !

Pros: Tasty, Friendly, Choice of food
Cons: Far

BrynnTrussell
BrynnTrussell

Wonderful

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2013

A relaxing and welcoming environment with a lovely, but small menu to ensure freshness. I enjoyed my ragout and my non-veg friends enjoyed the beet and coconut patties. I also had a cupcake and ice cream (soy), I'd love more fruit based deserts, but everything was wonderful and we even were able to enjoy a few organic drinks - radler and wine. I'm definitely going back and can't wait to try the pizza.

Pros: Easy to find near U-bahn, All Vegan, all tasty, outdoor seating
Cons: small, reservations!, lots of soy
Ophee
Ophee

Would Def Go Back Again

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2013

Sadly wasnt able to be there on pizza night, but got the second best thing: schnitzel and spaetzle! Amazing! It was over too fast. Gorgeous presentation, good service, nice wine. I liked the tiramisu, but be careful if you arent into alcohol cause you could really taste the liquor!

Pros: Uncommon vegan specialties, Good selection
Cons: Only serve pizza once a week
Deschamps Jean Claud
Deschamps Jean Claud

Gouter le Tiramisu...

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2013

Un restaurant a  fréquenter a  deux...
D'abord pour le cadre, dans un quartier bien fréquenté calme, et pour la qualité culinaire... La recherche et la créativité sont au rendez-vous et le résultat est dans l'assiette :
de l'excellent végan, je n'ai pas boudé mon plaisir...
Les patisseries sont un must : le tiramisu, et autres foret noire aux fraises (en saison) et a la creme...

Excellent !!!

Pros: Tiramisu, Cadre agréable
ts_happycow
ts_happycow

Nice ambience and delicious food

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2012

We were sitting outside in summer within a lovely kind of historic city ambience and had a delicious diner. All 3 courses were phatastic and yummi.

Pros: Essen, Ambiente
ErikFranks
ErikFranks

Amazing vegan German food

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2012

Great food based on traditional German dishes. 100% vegan and beautiful desserts. Was really missing vegan food having moved from SoCal, USA to Strasbourg, France.

Pros: dessert, german traditional, vegan
vgXhc
vgXhc

Awesome vegan German food

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2012

Our parents are regular customers at Coox and Candy and on a recent visit they took me and my partner there.

To make it short: the restaurant is awesome, one of the best vegan restaurants I've been to. After a nice starter of various dips with bread (the beet hummus was especially nice), my dad, my partner, and I got Schnitzel with Spätzle and chanterelle mushrooms. The Schnitzel was gigantic and it was a pretty convincing seitan imitation. An even more impressive imitation were the Spätzle, Swabian fresh noodles normally made with egg: Over the time I've tried a bunch of non-egg Spätzle and they all were mediocre at best. Not so these ones! They had the right texture and the right taste. My mum had some kind of curry dish with tofu which to me looked a bit boring but she really liked it.
Despite being already stuffed from the main dish, we got a big slice of rum chocolate Torte for dessert. This, too, was very tasty, and my parents claim that their blackforest cake which they didn't have that day is even tastier.

Location, atmosphere, and staff are all great, too. I wish I'd live near to a restaurant like C&C.

Pros: excellent food, big portions, good location, atmosphere, staff
bhukit-tima
bhukit-tima

Great relaxing vegan place in Stuttgart

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2012

I've been to Coox and Candy now for several times and I enjoy coming back over and over again. Nice, relaxed atmosphere with very tasty vegan food choices.
Especially the Sunday brunch is not to be missed - great value for money with lots of breakfast and hot and cold options. Be sure to make a reservation well ahead because it's often fully booked.
The desserts, cakes and pastries are simply a delight!

Unfortunately, it's not located in Stuttgart downtown, but a separate area called "Bad Canstatt", which probably makes it a bit difficult for visitors and foreigners to find it or to just walk by.

Pros: atmosphere, taste, brunch
veg.dan
veg.dan

Best vegan restaurant in Stuttgart?

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2012

I don't know because I haven't been to the others but I will say that it's pretty darn good. Although my pizza came out different to what I ordered, the staff were very apologetic and offered me a free salad. Had a piece of cake which was really good, they do good coffee and then later that evening (Tuesday's are pizza night) I had half fungi, half 'fish' which was okay. Not the best pizza I've had but I'm vego so I don't normally eat faux cheese. Salad was good too. Staff very helpful. Would have no doubts in eating here again. I'm rating my experience this time though, so 4 stars due to the mis-order.

Pros: Staff, Food, Cheap!
CaroSamsa
CaroSamsa

Great, great, great!

Posted on 03 / 10 / 2012

I love visiting this restaurant! It is also very cosy and the staff is very friendly!
Now the most important point: The food. I started visiting this restaurant when it was still very new. The offer of food and drinks has totally increased since then. You can always try new and varied food from all over the world. Furthermore, the food is totally yummy :-)!

Pros: great and varied food, friendly staff, cosy
Cons: none
sucubus
sucubus

Coox and Candy, fantastic food place

Posted on 12 / 06 / 2011

We had been there in summer 2011. We were 5 people from omnivores to vegan. We all enjoeyed the food a lot, it was fresh made and absolutely delicious!!!!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff
ramachandra
ramachandra

vegan pizza

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2011

I've only been here once, but I still think it's worthy of a 5 cow review. I ordered a pizza. I'm not really sure why I chose pizza of all things, because vegan pizza tends to be.... disappointing. But this pizza blew my mind! It had plenty of "cheese" that if I didn't know was vegan, I wouldn't have known. It had pineapple and chunks of smoky-flavored tofu. The crust was different. Kind of spongy, but nevertheless it was good. I had a small dessert that I wouldn't get again. I can't wait to try some other things from the menu or perhaps the buffet. They have a nice selection of fair trade teas and coffee drinks, as well as desserts. I'm not completely sure but it appears that they may sell a few grocery type items to take home. The pizza was around 8 euro and the serving size was just right.

Pros: nice ambience , good selection, vegan
sierkson
sierkson

Perfect place for nearly all purposes

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2011

I can understand, why this place is fully booked every other day. THe food is very good, the dessert is finde, the crew is nice and everything is vegan. It's found in a nice part of town with a lot of old houses. Next time I'm here I'll try the pizza, which was recommended to me.

Any reason not to go here? No. Evreybody come, and bring your meat-eating friends and family with u, because thy will like it too. Some of the cuisine is meat dishes, changed to a veggie style. Be careful, pizza only on tuesdays!

Pros: vegan, nice staff, great food and beverage
Ajolote
Ajolote

Yummy spaetzle and pizza

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2011

Tuesdays are pizza nights and we had delicious pizzas, hummus and an unbelievable cheese spaetzle. I had not been able to eat this German specialty since I became vegan because it is made of flour and eggs, but this stuff was great!

The pizza was delicious even thought I don't usually like the deep dish variety. We also had tiramisu, which was just okay and a delicious ice cream.

Pros: All vegan, Great desserts, Beautiful old town location
Guest
Guest

Absolutetly worth visiting!

Posted on 05 / 25 / 2011

We had a conncetion flight over Stuttgart and used some spare hours to have lunch in town. We picked this restaurant for it was one of the few Vegan in list(me and my husband are macrobiotics, so vegetarian resturant is not the best choice).
We had a really hearty meal with entree (zucchini tartar and red hummus), soup of the day, main course (gnocci and polenta) and dessert (cupcake and strawberry cake). It was divine! Not intense on flavor (just as we like), served really fast by adorable waitress. We were very surprise that final bill was only 42 Euros! So whenever we are around- GERNE WIEDER!

Pros: mild taste, fresh, good value, friendly staff
Cons: variety is a bit narrow
TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

Impressed

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2011

Two of us showed without a reservation on a Sunday evening. All the outside tables were taken and all the free inside tables had reserved markers placed on them. Nonetheless the friendly staff managed to fit us onto a table (that did have a reserved marker!) and all was well. The waitress did her best to translate the entire menu and the kind people on the table next to us helped where the waitress got stumped.

This restaurant is clean, comfy, cosy but not cramped and otherwise smart. And the menu options were varied and interesting. It's just as suitable for a quick visit for a quick lunch as it is for a night out over a full meal.

I and my omnivore friend started with a fantastic tomato soup and we shared a zucchini tartare with a raspberry pepper sauce (that tasted more like beet to me) which, while not something I'd crave for again, definitely was an interesting novelty and worth trying. I then had polenta "schnitzels" over a red ratatouille which was very yummy. Stubborn omnivore friend had a chicken style wrap - predictable and boooooring on his part - that came with what looked like israeli-style couscous and he said he liked it much. All the food was very nicely presented.

For desert we wanted the tiramisu. As it turned out the last piece was "reserved" by two local ladies who came in after us but knew it sells fast and also knew to mark it immediately on arrival. Nonetheless the friendly waitress saw our disappointment and gave us the "leftovers" from the tiramisu pan, gratis. This leftover piece would have been sold in many other places as a full dessert! We also had their ice-cream and a cupcake and all was very nice. I was disappointed by the cafe latte but that was fully my mistake since I should have known better what that means in this part of the world. (Note to Aussies: their cafe latte is like our latte with about 5 times as much milk and half as much coffee).

All in all: very nice and highly recommended.

Updated from previous review on Sunday May 08, 2011
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 08, 2011

Pros: vegan!, nice food, nice setting

Dear Owner and Manager of Coox and Candy: