Ice cream parlor at the Jersey shore with usually 6 coconut-based vegan flavors - 3 standard (chocolate, vanilla, almond joy) and 3 rotating. more-less

First Review by thevegantwins
AllysonDwyer
AllysonDwyer

Gift from heaven

5 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2014

The girl who runs this place is a hard-working angel. She is so sweet and so accommodating to vegans. I want to kiss her feet when I walk in the door and she tells me what new vegan flavor she's working on that day.

They have soft-serve ranging from vanilla, to strawberry, to banana. Their hard flavors range from typical (vanilla, pistachio, etc,) to extremely creative (lavender lemon shortbread, s'mores, etc.) They have vegan toppings from peanut butter to caramel to whipped cream to sprinkles.

And...last but NOT LEAST...ice cream pies and ice cream cake!!! The ice cream cake is EXACTLY as I remember carvel cakes, with the whipped cream outside and cookie crunch inside. Amazing.

Don't miss this place!!

Pros: Soft serve vegan ice cream, Ice cream pie and cake, Amazing service
vegfam
vegfam

Awesome surprise treat!!!

5 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2013

We stumbled upon this place while vacationing in Belmar. My family along with another vegan family absolutely loved this place! Seriously some of the best vegan ice cream we've ever had. We even had peanut butter and jelly flavor and key lime pie. It was nice having unique flavors to choose from! Definitely worth the trip!!

passedout
passedout

Quite Nice

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2013

Asbury Park now has 3 options for vegan ice cream. For such a small town you can really get your sweet tooth going.

Cookman Creamery seems to have their act together. The day that I went there about six vegan flavors to choose from. I had a scoop of the PB&J ice cream as well as a scoop of the blueberry lemon cookie ice cream. Both were creamy, smooth and just the right amount of sweetness. Next time I may try the vegan whipped cream and some other toppings.

Do they have milkshakes? I didn't see the option on their menu.

Pros: Good Food, Good Service, great selection

thevegantwins
thevegantwins

Ice cream!!!!

5 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

Finally, delicious, homemade vegan ice cream in NJ and, even better, at the shore. We stopped here last week and everyone left very happy. The kids haven't had good vegan ice cream since Lula's Apothecary in NYC closed and my husband was so pleased with the vegan coffee, he ordered 2 cones. The co-owner learned her trade partly at Stogo. The ice cream was creamy and tasted like it contained top-quality ingredients.

Updated 8/22/13:

I picked up a vegan ice cream cake here to celebrate my birthday and a friend's birthday. The cake looked beautiful and was a duplicate of my beloved childhood favorite, the Carvel ice cream cake however this cake was so much better than what I remembered Carvel cakes as tasting. Chocolate ice cream on the bottom layer, chocolate cookie crumbs in the middle and vanilla ice cream on top, covered in beautiful frosting. While at the store, I had a cone of maple walnut cookies, probably the most delicious flavor I have tasted. This place is really amazing and very friendly.

Pros: Vegan ice cream!, Selection of flavors, Sundae toppings
Cons: Need to list the vegan toppings, No bathroom

Dear Owner and Manager of Cookman Creamery: