Vegan bakery making cookies, cupcakes, muffins, donuts, and brownies that are gluten-free. Uses coconut oil, agave nectar, coconut and rice flours plus a hint of chili in the hot bakes. Also serves hot drinks and milkshakes. Take away or eat at the cookie bar. Previously at Stables Market in London, it opened a permanent cookie bar with onsite kitchen inside the Camden Lock Market, since May 2012. more-less

First Review by darrenmasters
Miggi
Miggi

Indulge!

4 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2014

We tried an ice cream with chocolate brownie and caramel sauce. It was a generous serving which we shared sat at the counter as it was a fairly quiet day - can understand that when the market is busier this isn't a relaxing place to sit but you can soak up the bustling market atmosphere or you can take things out to sit by the canal with a bit more peace.
Thoroughly enjoyed our ice cream and our server was patient while we chose a couple of cookies to take away and eat the next day.
Love the signage and presentation.

Pros: 100% vegan, ice cream sundae / sandwiches
xdanix
xdanix

Best shakes in London

5 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

I LOVE this place. I just moved away from London and this is one of the things I mostly miss about the city.
The shakes are the best (please try the affogato!), the choc-chip cookie and the chocolate donut are my favourites.
Coffee is really good as well.
The only downside is the lack of space, so people can be really squeezed to fit in the small seating area.

Pros: MILK SHAKES!, Delicious vegan bakery goods
Cons: Not enough space
jewelsthemonkey
jewelsthemonkey

Great taste, but staff left a bad taste in mouth

2 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2014

It's true: the food here is great. Being gluten-free and vegan, this seemed like it would be heaven. The chocolate-chip cookie I had was delicious. The shake I had was marvelous. The donuts I took home to my husband were less like donuts and more like round cakes, but they still tasted great. What wasn't great was how the staff seemed annoyed with every single person coming to order and were incredibly curt when asked questions like the one my best friend asked: "which would you recommend?" (This hardly seems unreasonable.) There is a lot of sassy signage: "Prices DOA - dependent on attitude" and the irony is it was the staff that had seemed to have an attitude. There's a real hipster vibe here (which is fine) but just note this isn't a cozy place to go for coffee. The market is jammed and the cookie bar has about five stools, and even if you do sit, people ordering will be right at your shoulders. Also, for any microwave-phobes, they openly use one to melt their butters, etc.

Overall, I'm disappointed as I would have gone back and would have loved to recommend it if that staff hadn't been so disgruntled. Maybe they were having a bad day as others seem to like them and have had good experiences? Regardless, mine was not.

Pros: Excellent food
Cons: Unfriendly staff, Noisy
Icahlua
Icahlua

The best brownie you will ever have

5 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2014

I adore this place, it is made of pure magic. I was so surprise that even though the food is gluten-free, it tastes even more superior than regular baked goods. The brownie is sensational, definitely the best brownie I have ever had in my life. I miss this place and can't wait to go back!

Pros: Food is out of this world, Excellent value for money, Everything is gluten-free and vegan
Cons: Very difficult to find
JonJon
JonJon

The place to go for chocolate and cakes lovers

5 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2014

Cookies and scream is located in the heart of Camden and offers a lots of different chocolate cakes and sweet things: cookies, brownies, different cakes that are all vegan and very yummy. If you are in the area, you have to go there. You won't regret it. You can go eat what you've bought along the canal of Camden, which can leads you not far from heaven.

Pros: all is vegan and yummy, lots of choice, located in Camden
clairey.lou
clairey.lou

So yummy!

4 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2013

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I'd heard so much about this place I had to try it out. My boyfriend and i split a milkshake and took some bits home with us. So impressed! Not too over the top sweet and well worth the money!

Pros: Good selection , Good value
Cons: Wish there was a bigger seating area
niallmc
niallmc

Go for it

5 Posted on 10 / 22 / 2013

Another great vegan place in Camden. 15 minute walk from VX in Kings cross you can get great gluten free vegan cakes and cookies form this market stall. great attitude and wonderful milkshakes.

I like it so much I bought the t-shirt

Pros: Great selection of vegan cakes, vegan Milkshakes, great atmosphere
millavinilla
millavinilla

Cookie milkshakes!!

5 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2013

Love this place. All is vegan and it is rid of heavily processed sweeteners. The brownies are delicious. My favourite has been the peanut butter jam milkshake. So yummy. The service isn't the friendliest. But then you are at a busy food stall in Camden. Will return when I can.

KatieBatty
KatieBatty

THE GREATEST DESSERTS!!

5 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

This place is INCREDIBLE. I had the peanut butter creme pie and it was to die for. The crust is made from the cookies which are all warm and gooey. There is a really good selection and you get to see them fresh baked in front of you. The lady who runs it is really nice too. Plus ALL VEGAN!!

Pros: Amazing!!!!, All vegan
Kevster
Kevster

Excellent brownies!

5 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2013

There are a great variety of sweet treats available here. My favourite is the mint chocolate brownie warmed up with ice cream. The cakes vary a lot so there always seems to be something a little bit different.

Pros: Variety, Amazing gluten free vegan treats, Take away too
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

yummy vegan treats and good coffees

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2013

Everything is vegan, gluten-free and delicious-looking. I had a cappuccino ₤1.80, gooey jam cookie ₤2, and a brownie with hazelnuts ₤2 to take away.
A few stools are in front of the counter, meaning that people may be blocking the view of the goods laid out there.

Pros: vegan treats, friendly service
Cons: can be a wait
necropalice
necropalice

Awesome Vegan Cookie Bar

4 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2013

I love Cookies & Scream. I keep meaning to try something new, but that saucy little peanut butter and jelly cookie gets me every time. Try one warm with a cup of Tea Pigs liquorice and peppermint tea! Cheap and cheerful, there's always a brilliant range of baked goods on offer and I also usually squirrel something away into my handbag to eat later.

As for the staff? I'm not sure what the other reviewers were referring to, because I've only ever had ordinary pleasant service from the various staff members who work the cookie counter. Highly recommended, even if you're buying for later consumption.

Pros: great selection, peanut butter cookie of dreams, value for money
Cons: a bit chilly in the winter!
pefff
pefff

The BEST brownies

5 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2013

I've been to Cookies and Scream a few times now. I always make a point to go when I'm in Camden. Their brownies are super rich and moist, chocolately and just yummy. Gluten free baking has a reputation for being dry and having a weird texture but that doesn't apply here. I've tried their cookie ice cream sandwiches which are equally as good.

It can be a little hard to get their attention at the bar sometimes but I can totally understand that, especially when working in a place as bustling and eclectic as Camden. I love this place!

Pros: DELICIOUS, Well priced, Convinient
Cons: Why didn't I buy a cookie as well?
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

I LOVE this place!

5 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2013

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with the reviews below- this place is amazing!

We come here every single time we come to London, and pick up a couple of bits to both eat and take home to freeze for a later date.
I normally have the (award winning!) brownie, but also the orange flavoured Blondie (it's like a white brownie) is utterly delicious too. Sometimes we get the cookies too, depending on what we fancy on the day!

The woman working there has always been friendly with us, and when she's been less talkative it's been because she's immersed in baking things for the afternoon. Last time we were there a (couple weeks back) she was giving me baking tips and asked about our day, etc...

Definitely worth dropping in to try something whenever you're in town!

Pros: All vegan, great variety
MuK-UK
MuK-UK

I want to like this place...

3 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2012

I was full of high hopes, but as with darrenmasters' review, one of the cookies I had was oily and not very nice, and a fair bit of it got thrown away (which I very seldom can do) and the service was also off: more interested in her phone. However the cookie sandwich was good, and a peanut butter chocolate tray bake was nice. Possibly one for the Vegan Coeliac, but choose with care!

Pros: Vegan and gluten free., Cake!
Cons: Variable quality.
darrenmasters
darrenmasters

variable

2 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2011

this looks promising, but was disappointing. The brownie was nice but the cookie I had was very greasy and felt like it was swimming in oil. Also the girl working there was very off, she wasnt vegan and was rude when I asked questions about the cakes.

Pros: brownies, location
Cons: greasy cookies, staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Cookies and Scream: