Conscious Cravings - Food...

Food trailer established since 2010; previously at Rio Grande St's Longham Food Court. Offers vegan and vegetarian wraps, cold sandwiches, salads, and smoothies. Try a side of rosemary fries and the blueberry lemonade. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Fast food, Take-out only

veggieisland
veggieisland

First time vegan

4 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

This was my very first vegan experience (over a year ago!).
I was so nervous because I had no idea what to expect.

What I got was a mouthful of flavor. Everything we ordered was delicious to say the least!

thelittleredjournal
thelittleredjournal

Try the Bella and Rosemary Baked Fries!

4 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2013

I'm fortunate to live in the culturally, ethnically and tastefully diverse city of Austin, Texas. Being a vegan here is so easy, not only because I have access to some great resources such as a Whole Foods and a weekend Farmer's Market, but also because there are several vegan eateries around town. I've been taking some long lunches lately to visit some new vegan places, and I recently have tried the Conscious Cravings food truck.

I'm addicted to portabella mushrooms and luckily, they have The Bella wrap that was perfectly designed with me in mind (or so it seems)! The wrap includes onions and olives with a vegan herbed mayo dressing and a touch of Daiya cheese. I was in heaven. The wrap is huge and it is paired well with a Mango Healthy Quencher. Since I've discovered them less than two months ago, I've visited them more than just a few times. My husband is a fan of their Spicy Chickpea Wrap and doesn't need much convincing to head on over with me when I have a craving.

Their menu includes eight different wraps starting at only $5 each, three salads and two healthy quenchers to choose from and more. There are three different locations around town and I've already visited two. Check them out if you're in the Austin area and looking to support a great local food truck! I highly recommend them and can't wait to visit again.

Pros: multiple locations, great value, friendly staff
leslienyc
leslienyc

Thumbs up for the Spicy Chickpea Wrap

4 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2013

Was on vacation and stopped by this food truck for a bite.
Thoroughly enjoyed the Spicy Chickpea Wrap.

Pros: Casual, Good Value, Friendly Staff
Cons: Long wait
KatieB
KatieB

Great Service, Food is ORGASMIC

5 Posted on 12 / 22 / 2012

So we stumbled across this trailer (literally)on our way to Capital City Bakery, and happened to try the Chimichurri seitan wrap....We haven't been able to order anything else since! My carnivore husband (who is very unreasonably wary of anything vegan) took a bite of mine and *shouted* "F*** that's good!" I almost choked on my wrap at that, but we ended up buying two more. Our next trip we ordered the rosemary fries to go with them, and those are like warm, crispy, crack. We haven't tried anything else on the menu yet because we can't bear to not order those wraps! In addition, the gentleman running the trailer will step out and bring us our food if we're over at the bakery when the order is ready. SO nice! Highly recommended for all!

mathimp
mathimp

Life Changing

4 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2010

I have been introduced to Jack fruit as a meat substitute. While everything I've had there has been very good, the BBQ Jack fruit is amazing. I tend to enjoy a variety, but some places just have that one thing to which I can't say no. It's also a nice neighborhood, dog friendly and inexpensive.

Pros: food, jack fruit, price
  • pjw2000 pjw2000

I know this is an older review, but...you've confused Conscious Cravings with Counter Culture. I can sympathize; they are two veg trailers in the same city with the same abbreviation. But folks reading this should know to go to Counter Culture for the Jackfruit BBQ. Either way, both places are excellent and some of my favorite places in town to hit up.

pjw2000
pjw2000

Good!

4 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2010

This is a nice little spot the just opened a couple weeks ago. The folks who run it are nice and the food is super tasty. I tried a couple of the wraps - the seitan was super tender and the veggies were nice and fresh. Pretty much everything is vegan and made from scratch (including the mayo), but some of the wraps have an option between Daiya and dairy cheese. They're also on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/consciouscravings

Pros: Good food, Nice folks, Central location
Cons: Parking is limited for groups, Trailer, so exposed to elements, Make sure fries are cooked well

Dear Owner and Manager of Conscious Cravings - Food Truck: