Serves meat, veg options available. Health conscious cafe that's all veg except for fish. Owners are accommodating and will personalized to diet restrictions. Try the eggplant hoagie. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg
2612 Scott St (Third Ward)
Houston, Texas 77004

Karinathevegan
Karinathevegan

Vegan Sandwich Heaven

Posted on 04 / 26 / 2013

I ate at the Convious Cafe for the first time yesterday with my husband. At first we hesitated to go in its in a not so great location, but as son as we went up the small steps and past the restaurant doors we were surprised a delicious smell of spices took over my nose and lead me right to the ordering counter. The menu doesn't have much variety but it's perfect if your looking for a quick bite and no overload on options. I ordered the eggplant hoagie with a side of lentil soup and let me tell you I was in hoagie soup heaven!!!!! My husband ordered a veggie po-boy and his exact words " places like these make being vegan so much easier." (he recently decided to become vegan so that was awesome to hear.) After are wonderful lunch we talked with the owner a very health concious person with the perfect mentality focused on Houston's art and health renaissance. I know happy cow says they serve meat but they only have one meat option which is salmon (for the pescaterians out there) the rest of there menu is vegetarian/vegan! If your in the area and looking for yummy veggie food head to Concious Cafe!!

Before I forget the owner sent us a slice of vegetarian bean pie and holy cowwwwwwww I was in BEAN PIE HEAVEN!

Pros: Clean, Organic, Affordable
Cons: Serve salmon, Difficult parking

Dear Owner and Manager of Conscious Cafe: