CLOSED: Conscious Cafe

100% certified organic cafe serving gluten free, dairy free, processed soy free food cooked in organic coconut oil. No gmo or teflon cookware. All vegan except for an omelette. SHUT DOWN/CLOSED LAST DAY APRIL 1, 2013 - BUILDING TO BE DEMOLISHED... MAY REOPEN ELSEWHERE LATER ON. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western
108 Jonson Street, Shop 13 (Woolworths Plaza, behind Dendy Cinema)
Byron Bay, New South Wales 2481

LynnGilmartin
LynnGilmartin

AMAZING

5 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2013

As soon as I flew into Byron Bay for my first time, I dragged my non-veggie boyfriend straight here. After hearing so many great things about it I've been eager to try it out. Despite my expectations being sky-high, I was still blown away, and so was the boy! We had three meals to share, drank out of a coconut and had the Detox Juice, and everything was absolutely amazing. The hardest part is refraining from ordering the entire menu! You can smell the coconut oil cooking up as soon as you walk in. It truly is a must-visit, for any person, not just veggies!

Here are the three meals we had (ingredients copied direct from the menu):

"COSMIC SHIFT" - Flaxseed crackers topped w/ homemade cashew, almond, brazil nut pesto, basil leaf & toasted pepitas/sunflower seeds - "UNCONDITIONAL LOVE" - Organic egg omelette w/ fresh herbs, parsley, basil, green peas, beans & seasonal salad with a buckwheat crepe. - "TREE OF LIFE" veggie pattie made w/ pumpkin, quinoa, biodynamic brown rice, sweet potato, spices, black poppy seeds & fresh herbs topped w/ homemade hummus & pesto served with two delicious salads of sweet potato & quinoa & a fresh garden salad.

Pros: Delicious, Nutritious, Conscious
Henley
Henley

Delicious & Nutritious

5 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2012

We stumbled upon The Conscious Cafe purely by accident. We had the sprouted buckwheat crepe and the flax crackers with pesto and found both dishes yummy and satisfying, served with local organic ingredients and tasty sauces. They also use locally made sauerkraut and kim chi, which is almost as good as the stuff that we had an Prague a few years ago! The service is prompt but relaxed, the decor is budget but cosy & they have loads of information sheets & books that you can read to learn about health and nutrition. We will be returning to try some of the other dishes on the menu soon.

Pros: yummy, nutritious, well priced

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Conscious Cafe: