Natural foods and products store selling vitamins, supplements, minerals, herbs, foods, teas, cosmetics, and specialty items. more-less
8200 Stockdale Hwy Ste B-3
Bakersfield, California 93311
661-832-5669

Mon-Fri 9:00am-7:00pm, Sat 10:00am-6:00pm, Sun 11:00am-6:00pm

First Review by catbone
catbone
catbone

I even tell people who live here about this place!

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2016

I love this place! I visit it religiously every trip I take to Bakersfield. Not only that, I tell out-of-towners all the landmarks so the can find it too. I laugh all the time when I tell the Bako residents about it. Even the health-conscious residents usually tell me, "Oh yeah, I know where that is... I've seen it, but I never go in."
The sales people are so outstanding! When you go in, you'll know what I mean. The customer is really the focus in this place. They are even more attentive and helpful than the Trader Joe's staff across the way (is this really even possible?).
Once, I completely bought out all their bottles of a product (They have a generous discount policy-- around 20%, I think) and they offered to special order more, ship it to me and still give me the discount which would help defray the shipping costs. I really appreciated that. It just so happened I was scheduled to return in 2.5 weeks, so I picked it up.
It has the typical Vitamin Store items with Health Foodish snacks and such sprinkled throughout the store, but I like the knowledge of the sales staff and their willingness to help and even look things up for you in the moment. The Lassen's back home used to do this before they went corporate and some Whole Foods staff occasional also, but not very often. But here, it's still like the good old day where real customer service comes first.

Dear Owner and Manager of Cone's Health Foods: