Community Natural Foods -...

Stocks a comprehensive selection of organic produce, bulk items, supplements, deli, juice bar, organic desserts, and bakery. more-less

First Review by Memory
vegan frog
vegan frog

Perfect organic store

5 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

A great stop in Calgary for organic and vegan option. Fresh food, bread, frozen options, vitamins, beauty products, it's all there.
It is as far as I know the biggest of the organic stores in Calgary. It can get quite busy but parking is always easy enough to find.

vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

my favourite store

5 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2013

Community has a good selection of vegan items, fresh and frozen products and an on site cafe. They have magazines, personal care items, vitamins, house hold cleaners etc. They have great vegan cupcakes and cake slices. They donate back to the community too.

kimward8
kimward8

Vegan Shopping

4 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2013

They carry most of the vegan things that you can't get in regular grocery stores in Calgary. Such as, vegan sour cream, vegan cream cheese, vegenaise, vegan gum, vegan crackers and vegan cashew cheese.

saveur
saveur

Your one stop shopping for all your vegan needs

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2012

This is quite an all encompassing natural food store. It includes a lot of grocery items like fresh produce, baked goods, bulk bins, natural supplements as well as prepared food in the refrigerator case. There is an adjacent cafe with hot food (pizza, curries, lasagna, etc) as well as a plentiful salad bar and juice bar. I was very impressed with their selection of vegan food as well as many raw dishes, including savoury raw cheese, desserts and crackers. They also had raw collard wraps in the refrigerator case. I found the prices to be a little pricey compared to what I'm use to in Toronto but it seems alright for Alberta.

Pros: immense variety, lots of raw treats
Cons: cost
Posi Britt
Posi Britt

Weee!

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

I love this place! Everytime I come to Calgary I always go here. They have vegan ice cream I can't find in Edmonton for some reason. The selection is good. Their produce looks nice and I just love it. However I am always sad by their deli. I want to try stuff but everything always looks simple and plain to me. I just stick to the grovery stuff.

Pros: Great selection, So many vegan items
Cons: I wish their deli was better, Kinda small

Memory
Memory

Part of the Community

5 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2010

This is a great place to shop for all things organic. They also have a wonderful herb selection. They have a super cafe right in the store that serves absolutely inspiring dishes. My daughter and I love to go here for Girls Day Out.

Pros: Great Staff, Great book selection, The Cafe is terrific!
Cons: Gets really busy on Saturday, Parking can be tricky
Guest
Guest

Great store, unfortunately ina dangerous location

3 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2007

My family are avid shoppers at Community Foods, however, last week on the way to the 10th Avenue Store my partner was mugged by 2 criminals (most probably crack users) while walking to the store. The thugs took a cellular phone and thankfully didn't do any physical harm, but I would like everyone to know that this IS happening frequently in downtown Calgary and to be safe and preventative by looking around, walking in groups and making noise when they are approached! Also, pressure Community and your local politicians to clean up the downtown area!

Dear Owner and Manager of Community Natural Foods - 10th Ave: