Community Natural Foods - 1...

Stocks a comprehensive selection of organic produce, bulk items, supplements, deli, juice bar, organic desserts, and bakery. more-less
1304 10th Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta
403-229-2383
Closed now

Mon-Fri 9:00am-9:00pm, Sat 9:00am-7:00pm, Sun 10:00am-7:00pm

First Review by Memory
aFirefly
aFirefly

Just Visited It For My First Time!

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2014

I'm not sure why I put visiting off for so long, but I'm glad that I stopped in! The selection is amazing compared to the larger grocery chains, and the staff are very friendly! I spent an hour just "browsing" and looking at everything they had to offer -- and that's a lot. There was some wonderful ice cream selections (I was overjoyed), and they have vegan multivitamins... so much bulk and different flours and... everything.

For price comparison, there were some items that were similarly priced to what I've seen before, but generally, it seems to me that they're more expensive. Regardless, I'll be going here more often!

If you bring your own bag, you get $0.05 off your purchase or to donate to your choice of charity. Neat, right!?

Pros: Selection, Friendly, Bulk
Cons: More Expensive
Jazter851
Jazter851

FAVE store so far

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2014

I just loved everything. They had a great book and magazine section, lots of delicious looking raw and veg dishes to go in the fridge section, the juice bat and buffet was delicious, and their selection of everything else was pretty great too. Makes me wanna move to Calgary.

Pros: helpful/friendly staff, tons of raw/veg options, juice bat/buffet
vegan frog
vegan frog

Perfect organic store

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

A great stop in Calgary for organic and vegan option. Fresh food, bread, frozen options, vitamins, beauty products, it's all there.
It is as far as I know the biggest of the organic stores in Calgary. It can get quite busy but parking is always easy enough to find.

vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

my favourite store

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2013

Community has a good selection of vegan items, fresh and frozen products and an on site cafe. They have magazines, personal care items, vitamins, house hold cleaners etc. They have great vegan cupcakes and cake slices. They donate back to the community too.

kimward8
kimward8

Vegan Shopping

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2013

They carry most of the vegan things that you can't get in regular grocery stores in Calgary. Such as, vegan sour cream, vegan cream cheese, vegenaise, vegan gum, vegan crackers and vegan cashew cheese.

saveur
saveur

Your one stop shopping for all your vegan needs

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2012

This is quite an all encompassing natural food store. It includes a lot of grocery items like fresh produce, baked goods, bulk bins, natural supplements as well as prepared food in the refrigerator case. There is an adjacent cafe with hot food (pizza, curries, lasagna, etc) as well as a plentiful salad bar and juice bar. I was very impressed with their selection of vegan food as well as many raw dishes, including savoury raw cheese, desserts and crackers. They also had raw collard wraps in the refrigerator case. I found the prices to be a little pricey compared to what I'm use to in Toronto but it seems alright for Alberta.

Pros: immense variety, lots of raw treats
Cons: cost
Posi Britt
Posi Britt

Weee!

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

I love this place! Everytime I come to Calgary I always go here. They have vegan ice cream I can't find in Edmonton for some reason. The selection is good. Their produce looks nice and I just love it. However I am always sad by their deli. I want to try stuff but everything always looks simple and plain to me. I just stick to the grovery stuff.

Pros: Great selection, So many vegan items
Cons: I wish their deli was better, Kinda small
Memory
Memory

Part of the Community

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2010

This is a great place to shop for all things organic. They also have a wonderful herb selection. They have a super cafe right in the store that serves absolutely inspiring dishes. My daughter and I love to go here for Girls Day Out.

Pros: Great Staff, Great book selection, The Cafe is terrific!
Cons: Gets really busy on Saturday, Parking can be tricky
Guest
Guest

Great store, unfortunately ina dangerous location

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2007

My family are avid shoppers at Community Foods, however, last week on the way to the 10th Avenue Store my partner was mugged by 2 criminals (most probably crack users) while walking to the store. The thugs took a cellular phone and thankfully didn't do any physical harm, but I would like everyone to know that this IS happening frequently in downtown Calgary and to be safe and preventative by looking around, walking in groups and making noise when they are approached! Also, pressure Community and your local politicians to clean up the downtown area!

Dear Owner and Manager of Community Natural Foods - 10th Ave: