Serves meat, veg options available. A restaurant that uses many regional and organic, and some fair trade products. Many vegan choices that are less expensive than the meat items. Buffet is only on Saturday at noon. English is spoken. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, German, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by ewecs
s_k_
s_k_

A very good option

4 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2014

A very good vegetarian (and vegan) choice. Many reviews of this place talk about the slow and poor service, and I can sort of see it. However, I went on an uncrowded day for lunch. Though you can order lunch off the menu, they also have an excellent vegan buffet (with additions possible for vegetarian, ovo, pesco, etc.), and with the buffet you just help yourself, so I really didn't need much service at all. The buffet is relatively small by US standards, but it's healthy, diverse, and tasty. I'd be happy with this buffet almost anywhere. [NB: Does not accept credit cards.]

Pros: tasty and healthy buffet, great location for tourists, prices go up for ovo, pesco, etc.
Cons: doesn't take credit cards, buffet could be a bit larger
cowhugger
cowhugger

The Good, The Bad, The UGLY..

2 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2014

Most of this has been said, but here goes.

Good: The all the food I have had has been good. This includes the pasta with chicken and mushrooms, the vegetarian brunch, and my son's chicken strips with fries.

The bad: The portions could be bigger.

The UGLY: Service.. They have a hard time even spelling the word. They have some of the worst service I have seen. This is saying a lot considering that I live in Belgium. They cannot be bothered to care where you sit, if you have ordered yet and they WILL actively avoid you. I finally got up and cornered our waitress. If you catch your waitress to ask for ketchup for your son's fries, she will turn to the dish man and mumble something and then make a phone call for 5 minutes. When you get up from your table and ask the cook for some ketchup, he will eventually get it. Your "server" will tell you impatiently that she told somebody to get it already. She will then gert back on the phone.
Updated from previous review on Friday February 07, 2014

Pros: Good food, good location
Cons: just about everything else
Richard Ross
Richard Ross

Good food in pleasant surroundings

3 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2013

We ate here on 4th December 2013. This is a large restaurant serving organic food. There was a selection of vegan dishes. We found the service quick and efficient and the food was tasty and well prepared. The organic Aachen beer was also very welcome!

Pros: Friendly and welcoming, Choice of vegan dishes, Regional food and drink
Cons: Not completely vegan

Jelt
Jelt

Where slow food sadly takes its literal sense...

1 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2013

We went to this restaurant twice, in December 2012 and in May 2013 and I've never been so disappointed in a restaurant.
The first time, many options were not available. We ordered "Dicke weiße Bohnen mit Tomaten, Erdnüssen & Koriander" and two ingredients were lacking, the tomatoes and another that I'm not sure of. The white beans were only half cooked. They told us that the cook was new, and that we arrived a bit late (21h).
We went a second time there, and we had to wait more than one hour between the first course and the main dish. When we asked when was our food coming, they kept saying it was almost ready, that they would bring it immediately, even though it was coming more than half an hour later!
When the main-course finally arrived, they told me that they forgot which side dish I had chosen! Then they told use they were sorry, that the cook was new (again) and gave us a small discount.

Regarding the food, I must admit that the first courses (and the bread) were very tasty, especially the falafel and the filled mushrooms. The main courses were nothing special though.

Pros: the first courses
Cons: incredibly slow, disrespectful and unprofessional, the main dishes are nothing great
mayamaya
mayamaya

Nice vegan option in Aachen city center

4 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2013

Good local organic ingridients, local beer and fairtrade wine. Vegan options are good and tasty, but more choice in this field would be nice! Some very exotic dishes like krickets are offered. The pasteries are all vegan!

Not to pricy for the food offered, but not cheap either. At least the vegetarian and vegan options are far less expensive than the meat stuff, which is very reasonable and fair (other places charge for veggies the same or even higher prices than for the meat!!!)
Partyplace with tabletennis in the basement - unfortunatly they smoke there.... so sometimes the smoke comes upstairs.
Very nice atmosphere, nice staff, like to go there!

Pros: organic +local, nice place to be, goooood food
Cons: serve meat (but at least organic, local), sometimes cigarettesmoke from basement
Pubkin
Pubkin

Common Sense makes Sense

4 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2013

Common Sense is a new restaurant in the city centre with a lot of vegan and vegetarian dishes. They also offer Bio- meat dishes, Soups and salads. The food was very good, I had a filled aubergine with spinace and wild rice. What makes the place also special is the interior with a lot of plants, beautiful pictures and very friendly staff. It is possible to choose a small or big portion and the price for the vegan/vegetarian food is much lower than the meat dish prices, which actually makes sense.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, cosy atmosphere
Cons: Meat Price high
ewecs
ewecs

Common Sense

2 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2012

A pretty fancy restaurant with a club in the basement. They have a separate vegan menu which is great! Been there twice now with a few people, and it's okay but not amaaaazing. Big portion costs about 8,50, with lots of vegetables in it. Didn't have the time to try the dessert, but it sounded promising (chocolate mousse, pannacotta). Too bad it took almost about an hour, untill i got my white beans in tomatosauce.... and even though we all ordered a vegan dish, the spreads that came with the bread, weren't vegan.

Pros: healthy food, nice vibe
Cons: small portions, should get to learn more about veganism

Dear Owner and Manager of Common Sense: