Organic cafe, tea house, and bookstore. Offers an eclectic menu with original drinks, gluten free and vegan options. Friday night Sushi with live entertainment. A meeting and hangout place with music and lots of new and used books for sale. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Juice bar, Take-out
823 Main St (Florence)
Sandpoint, Idaho 83864
208-263-0509

Open Mon-Fri 7am-6pm, Sat-Sun 9am-3pm.

First Review by Pcarlton
EverydayTastiness
EverydayTastiness

Good Lunch

4 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2013

For lunch, I ordered the Vegan Taco. While I was waiting for my food, a I noticed a couple other tables were also enjoying the same thing. The vegan taco has a brown rice tortilla at the base and then is covered with beans, brown rice, cabbage, carrots and sprouts. On top of all of that were scallions, avocado, and a very tasty seed-based cream sauce. The food took a few minutes to make since it was assembled from scratch. I enjoyed my soy chai and their free wi-fi while I waited. The food was good and filling.

andreafbe
andreafbe

A great lunch place

5 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

Sandpoint, Idaho and the surrounding area has a serious lack of vegan options considering the number of restaurants in the area. Common Knowledge has some really great vegan options for lunch. My husband and I both really enjoyed what we ordered (a vegan taco and a brown rice curry bowl) and the portions were good sized. My only issue is that they should add some vegan options on their breakfast menu. I checked out the breakfast menu when we were there and I asked when we were there and the options were pretty much all egg based. Support this place if you are passing through the Sandpoint area. It is away from the main part of downtown but is definitely worth seeking out.

Pros: Great food for lunch., It's organic.
Aspen
Aspen

Nice outdoor garden with tables

5 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2012

Clever recipes that taste great. Even the basics like a side of rice were excellent. One of the best Chai teas ever!

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy choices, friendly Staff

Pcarlton
Pcarlton

Great place - 100% organic!

5 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2011

We visit Sandpoint, Idaho several times a year to visit family, and we love Common Knowledge! They serve 100% organic breakfast, lunch, desserts, teas, coffees, espressos, etc. It is a cozy, warm place with friendly staff and customers. The menu selections include vegan options, along with vegetarian ovo/lacto choices. The Huevos Rancheros are fantastic, but we like everything we have had here. There is also a vegetable juice bar, and they make great smoothies, too. The outdoor garden patio is a bonus as well, and the book store offers great choices in new and used books. Food items range from $1.00 - $11.00. We highly recommend it!

Pros: Excellent food/Organic, Healthy cuisine, Local/sustainable
Cons: Closed Sat/Sun

Dear Owner and Manager of Common Knowledge: