Common Ground Natural Grocery

Well-stocked store carries organic produce, vitamins & supplements, care products, veg-friendly foods, frozen & bulk items, gluten-free items, and more. more-less
516 N Main St
Bloomington, Illinois 61701
309-829-2621

Open Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-4pm, Sun 12pm-4pm, 7:30am during the Farmers' Market season.

First Review by EstherDubrovsky
CowGirl56
CowGirl56

It's been around a long time

5 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

Upon visiting Common Ground, I noticed a sign that said "since 1977" and I thought that was amazing. They've obviously been doing something right. I did already know it had been around a while, because my parents took me shopping there as a child in the 80s, but I didn't realize it had been that long. They have a great selection of organic and sometimes local produce, and have other local products in the store such as soap, honey and flours. THEY DO NOT CARRY MEAT which makes me very happy. Sometimes they have vegan deli salads, my favorites are the tempeh salad and the tofu 'egg' salad! Sometimes parking downtown can be an issue, but they now have a few spots in the lot right next to the building that say for Common Ground Customers.

Pros: No meat, Independently owned, Decent prices
Cons: Sometimes out of salads, small, closes at 6
TofuGirl83
TofuGirl83

Great little place

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2008

Small health food store but they really pack it in! The staff is very friendly and helpful and they are always willing to do special orders for you if they don't carry a product you want. Large selection of bulk items including herbs and spices. They also carry many local items including produce during the summer.

EstherDubrovsky
EstherDubrovsky

good little place for health food

3 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2007

Helpful staff and friendly atmosphere. It is smaller than what I am used and a bit more expensive, but they can't get a better price with the volume they order. But I still go regularly for food items you can't get at the normal grocery stores in the area

Dear Owner and Manager of Common Ground Natural Grocery: