Serves meat, veg options available. Has smoothies, sandwiches, and salads. Vegans can get tofutti cream cheese, tofu scramble, vegan chicken salad, and seitan sandwich. Bread is freshly baked. Also sells ready-made entrees. Vegan options are clearly marked. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
415 College Ave
Ithaca, New York 14850
607-273-0982

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by DaisytheHedgehog
Michael X. James
Michael X. James

Overwhelming menu, very busy, know before you go

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2015

Went to two of the three locations...the one right near Cornell and the one in downtown near the Commons. The one near Cornell is big and busy, even in the summer. The menu is HUGE...has to have over 60 options with a few vegan ones here and there (typically grouped together). It's one of those places that has a long, quick moving line with a menu that is the length of the restaurant written in chalk. Reminded me a little of Claire's Corner Copia in New Haven, CT (near Yale). Best advice I can give you is try to check out the menu before you go and know what you want because if you go in there blind, you'll be overwhelmed. My fiance and I went twice while in the area...I got the Veganic Wrap and the Chicken Melt...both are on the smaller side but pretty good. Didn't blow me away but was a decent meal. My fiance got the Fritz Bitz and a bagel with cream cheese...again, nothing mind-blowing nor a large portion size. Very cool place to hang out, great atmosphere and some decent vegan options...overall not amazing but better than average.

Pros: Atmosphere, Vegan options
Cons: Hugh menu, Not the best food I've ever had
JackieP
JackieP

Yummy

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2013

SO NICE to have a bar that serves vegan food! The vegan chicken salad is awesome, and goes great with beer. Makes college vegans feel like normal people. But when I was there, none of the desserts were vegan. Still worth a visit, though!

Pros: Vegan food with beer!, Great atmosphere
Cons: No vegan desserts...Boo!
DaisytheHedgehog
DaisytheHedgehog

Great vegan options, but SUPER expensive

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2012

I'm a vegan Cornell student, so CTB is highly convenient. They have a tofu scramble and an amazing seitan sandwich that are my two mainstays. They also can substitute soy milk for most drinks and often have one or two vegan desserts (like coconut rice pudding, but you'll have to check the ingredients- won't be explicitly written vegan). It's a nice casual atmosphere, but can be swamped depending on the time of night. They have a lot of vegetarian options as well.

Pros: Good vegan proteins, Convenient
Cons: EXPENSIVE!!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Collegetown Bagels: