–°offeehouse located a 3-minute walk from the Metro Chernyshevskaya. Colorful interior with smoking hookahs available. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International
Chaikovskogo street, 57 (intersection Prospect Chernyshevskogo)
St Petersburg, Russia
812-2726816
OPEN NOW

Mon-Fri 10:00am-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm

First Review by anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

Pricey but great food and bohemian style

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2013

A charming restaurant with bohemian-style decor - colourful paintings, stained glass, comfy chairs, and interesting ornaments abound. Hints of aromatic incense and hookah smoke hang in the air. It's the sort of place you can hang out in for hours. The menu is extensive, with dishes from around the world, and plenty of vegan and gluten-free options. There's no English on the menu, but there are pictures, and the workers spoke English and helped me choose. I had two Japanese-style dishes: miso soup (with veggies and tofu) followed by tofu steak with rice and seaweed salad. They also served me real genmaicha tea. Everything was delicious, fresh and authentic. But the price was very high compared to other vegetarian places in town: 790 roubles. I guess the other places I've been were counter-service, with food already prepared, unlike Frida. And I did have two courses plus tea. But it seemed a bit much to pay about 3 times what I've been paying!

Pros: Large menu, Authentic tastes, Atmosphere
Cons: Expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Coffeehouse Frida: