Serves meat, veg options available. Small restaurant has few vegetarian dishes that and can be made vegan upon request: tofu burritos, vegetarian tacos, veggie taco salads, fajitas with tofu. No lard used. Price: Moderate more-less
Mexican, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
3400 E Broadway (Belmont Heights area)
Long Beach, California 90803
562-438-9381

First Review by Andrealv
TB
TB

Vegan Friendly!

4 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2011

Lovely staff who are really honest about what's vegan and what's not, and willing to accommodate special needs. Yummy tofu, mushroom, etc. burritos and tacos. My absolute favorite thing to order here is the tofu fajitas - you get a large plate of food, so it's really worth the price. Coco Renos has both vegan beans (both black and refried are vegan!) and rice available, and the homemade salsa is amazing (and sometimes, amazingly spicy! - but luckily I like it like that ;) ). You can eat in their small taco shop, or pass through the open door-way into the adjacent bar (The Reno Room) and eat there. The Reno Room has a decent happy hour on Friday afternoons, so you can enjoy your delicious Mexican food with a cheap beer. I love Coco Renos!!

Pros: authentic vegan mexican food, vegan fajitas, vegan refried beans and rice
vegananarquista
vegananarquista

Deluxe Veggie Burrito

4 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2009

This place was awesome! They were extremely respectful and patient about what I ordered. Since I am vegan, there were a few things I requested to take off my burrito, and it was hassle-free! I ordered the Deluxe Veggie Burrito with NO cheese or sour cream and added blackened mushrooms. It was so delicious AND filling! I had to take some home because it was a lot of food, which is rare for most vegan-friendlt or strictly vegan places. I love that their rice is vegan too (absolutely NO chicken broth or lard!) The salsa that they serve you with chips before the meal is very tasty. I am a salsa-holic, so I know a good salsa when I taste one! :) They also cook the tofu and mushrooms on a separate grill from the meat. A+!

Pros: Friendly staff, LARGE portions, Affordable
Cons: Serves meat
nardanddee
nardanddee

Vegetarian Taco Platter

2 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2009

This listing on their menu had me VERY excited. The platter comes with two tacos, rice and beans (black or refried). The service was fast, too. However, I was a bit disappointed that the vegetarian tacos consisted of rice and black beans. Had I known that, I would have just ordered the two sides (as the platter already contained more of the same). So, I had plenty of rice and black beans (some of which were just placed in taco shells). Strange...but true. On the good side, the black beans and rice were seasoned well. Just wish that I had known that my vegetarian taco was coming with more rice and black beans. Needless to say...not the right meal to eat prior to flying back home.

Pros: fast service, good prices, accepts AMEX
Cons: parking may be hard to find, some menu items not explained fully
Andrealv
Andrealv

Tofu Tacos

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2008

Not 100% vegetarian, but they have some great options. I love going here for a filling burrito or tofu tacos. They are very vegetarian friendly and will answer all your questions (no lard, etc.) For a non-veg restaurant, I have to say Yum!

Pros: tofu tacos
Cons: not 100% vege, parking

Dear Owner and Manager of Cocorenos: