Coconut Glen's Vegan Ice Cream

Serves gourmet vegan ice cream made out of coconut milk. more-less
Mile 27 1/2 Hana Hwy, Maui
Hana, Hawaii
808-979-1168

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by gr8vegan
sophie666
sophie666

Best Coconut Ice Cream!

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2015

Love Hana and the highway to Hana.

Coconut Glen's was a great experience, such a cool ice cream shack - 100% vegan. Had great conversations with the people there, delicious fresh coconuts, coconut ice cream and coconut candy.

Pros: Coffee Toffee, Lilikoi , Original
PeaceGirl
PeaceGirl

Oasis!

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2014

Couldn't believe my eyes when we were driving along the Hana Highway and saw a big sign for vegan ice cream. It is quite an experience and the coconut ice cream is incredible, as is the coconut candy. I can't remember the name of the ice cream I had, but it had little bits of the coconut candy in it, and reminded me of little bits of Skor bar. Served in a coconut shell with a coconut shell spoon AND you get to hit the gong after you eat your treat if you agree it is the best ice cream ever. Second time we came it was after they closed for the day and we were so disappointed, and they saw us down in the parking lot and came down and served us ice cream, then took us for a tour of their beautiful gardens. Love this place!

Pros: Fun experience, Delicious, amazing vegan ice cream, You get to hit a gong!
sil
sil

Awesomely Unexpected Treat

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2014

My husband and I happened upon this little island ice cream shop as we were navigating the Hana Highway. If you happen to find yourself on the Highway stop in for a break from the crazy road and enjoy a tasty cup of vegan ice cream. We also picked up some coconut candy for the road. Everything was delish!

Pros: Vegan, Friendly Glen, Great Ice Cream & Candy
Cons: Hana Highway

SteveGuzman
SteveGuzman

NadaMoo - Mmm... Pecan (vegan) Ice Cream

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2013

I've eaten my share of ice "cream" in an attempt to find a replacement ever since I started my quest to become vegan. There are some things that are just hard to replace. BBQ, butter, creamer (glad I found Silk Vanilla), and ice cream are some of my challenges.

Fortunately, I live in Austin, Texas and we've got OPTIONS! It just so happens, we have a vegan ice cream company right here. NadaMoo, a vegan ice cream company is available in most grocery stores in my area. I really love that they use lots of healthier ingredients, like agave instead of HFCS, but what I love even more than that is the flavor and texture.

Many vegan ice creams I've tried in the past should have been called ice crystals. That crunchy texture does NOT fit the bill when you want a nice creamy ice cream. I've tried nearly all the flavors, and if you can get your hands on it you HAVE to do yourself a favor and try the Mmm... Pecan flavor. Creamy and buttery with nice chunks of pecan. Oh MAN! I promise, if you can eat nuts (coconut and pecan) this will be the best vegan ice cream you've ever experienced.

You can read more about these guys at http://www.nadamoo.com/
Updated from previous review on Monday November 04, 2013
(I messed up and put this review under Coconut Glen... sorry. Newbie mistake. Let me see if I can fix it.)

Pros: Creamy, Healthier Ingredients, Delicious
Cons: Only available in Texas now, Not cheap, Only available in small containers
sullivusb
sullivusb

Definitely worth a stop!

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2012

If you're driving to Hana you should definitely stop by and check this place out.

The ice cream is excellent and the flavors are unique. I got a vanilla bean and banana rum raisin combo, both were yummy. My husband got a pineapple curry combo that didn't do it for me but he liked it a lot.

Pros: Unique flavors, friendly staff, Yummy!
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

best ice cream in the world, hit the gong!

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2012

We stopped in here to ask where another vegan spot was and quickly realized we'd stumbled on the holy grail of vegan ice crem. Coconut Glen doesn't mess around with average flavors, his artesian blends are culinarily inspired by local cuisine and fruits transmitted through Jimi Hendrix's waawaa peddle into mind blowing mixes. Yes that is cayanne pepper in your vannila chocolate coconut chip! Worth the drive and the flight! ***gooooonnnnngggggg*** best ice cream I've ever had!

Pros: mind blowing, great day trip
Cons: $5 per flavor

Dear Owner and Manager of Coconut Glen's Vegan Ice Cream: