Serves meat, veg options available. A restaurant in a colonial house with a patio. Offers a menu of Nicaraguan and international foods with salad, vegetables, tofu dishes, fresh juices and coffee. Previously all-vegetarian reported added meat (Mar 2015). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Nicaraguan, International, Non-veg
across from El Laborio church (west of Avenida 3 Poniente)
Leon, Nicaragua
505-8854-6928

First Review by MartinInCharleston
psdelagrange
psdelagrange

Wonderful Lunch

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2015

I was on a one day, cathedral visit to Leon. The restaurant was very easy to find and was across the street from one of the cathedrals on my list. The atmosphere was very relaxing and calming after spending a very hot and dusty day outside. The menu was large and easy to read and understand. The owner made me a Fresh Frozen Lemonade Drink and it was so delicious.
I really enjoyed my lunch and was so full I could not finish my whole meal. I highly recommend the CocinArte.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great Food, Good Pricing
MO.MARIEL
MO.MARIEL

Great typical dish!

Posted on 03 / 04 / 2015

It was easier to find than expected. We got a map from the hostel where the restaurant was pinpointed. It's about a 10 to 15 min walk from the center.

I had a hard time choosing because they offer so many good things (: At the end I went for a typical nicaraguan dish (indio viejo), but veg style with tofu. I liked that they offer some typical dishes.

Food was good, price ok.

They lose a star because they say to be a vegetarian restaurant but do offer some non-vegetarian dishes with chicken.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday March 04, 2015

Pros: offer typical dishes , many vegan options
Cons: non-vegeterian dishes
blissfulnomad
blissfulnomad

They Care About Food

Posted on 02 / 06 / 2015

This maybe the only veg restaurant in town and was recommended by the nice people at Hostel Tortuga Booluda. The Dutch manager Kris was great, she truly loves food, we talked about ingredients for awhile like that crispy onion garlic topic on her favorite dish, Bami Mani. It's a hearty Indonesian plate of noodles and cabbage, highlighted by a spicy peanut sauce. Kris was helpful with travel tips and also tipped me off to Cafetin Don Jack's for some veg options, run by a Canadian who was a partner at CocinArte before, a great recommendation. Prices are mid-ranged (180-200 Cordoba mains). The restaurant is quiet, set off from the main square but not hard to find. It gets very busy at dinner, so don't be in a rush as their menu is complex.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Good portions, Love for food
Cons: Gets slammed at dinner

MartinInCharleston
MartinInCharleston

Great Place

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2011

We ate several times at this restaurant. The food is prepared fresh, very tasty and the servings are huge. The setting is very quaint with wooden tables and an indoor/outdoor patio with a garden. Highly recommended.

Pros: Fresh food, Nice Setting, Large Portions
Cons: A little far from Center of town.

Dear Owner and Manager of CocinArte: