Ice cream parlor. Makes ice cream flavors including vegan ones. Has cucumber or soy-rice pudding. Flavors change daily. 2015 reported no more vegan wafer. more-less
Schustergasse 7
Darmstadt, Germany 64283
n/a

Mon-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm

First Review by cheeky vegan
Plantpower
Plantpower

great selection of tasty vegan ice cream

Posted on 04 / 12 / 2015

Even though I am not an ice cream type, I really enjoyed their flavours. Together with friends I tasted 7 of the flavours and they were all super nice. I was very impressed that half of the selection is vegan! Awesome!

Pros: lots of vegan options
Michelle Bridi
Michelle Bridi

best ice cream!

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2015

I really love that place- go there daily for a icecream break during lectures at the nearby university. Has a lot of vegan flavours, including sorbets and soy ice cream. The only flavour I tried and didn't like so much was the chocolate one because it had a strong chocolate taste. Although I am usually not a nut fan, the soy ice- nut combinations are really good, but as the ice cream is self made,the flavour is not always the same. Sometimes, they try really weird combinations (because customers recommend something and they try it:)) and they always tasted interesting. But I think taste is something highly subjective, so please just try yourself if you are near by and don't give too much on reviews. My recommendation is:If you are not at all a soy fan, you might feel saver with the sorbets:)

I personally recommended this place to happy cow, however they made a mistake in the descripton. The flavours change daily, so there is not always cucumber etc. It was just an example of the more exotic flavours they serve in general:)

They also let you taste flavours first if you are really unsure whether a certain flavour could be something you like. Always really freindly the stuff!

Keeping in mind the quality of the indegrends, I think the price is really resonable.

Pros: price/indegrends, always new flavours, self-made icecream!!!
cheeky vegan
cheeky vegan

lactose free icecream

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2014

The lady working there was nice and explained which icecreams were milk/cream free. I think i had an almond milk marzipan one and a poppy seed soy milk based one. Marzipan is much too sweet for my taste and the other did taste quite strong of soy, but was ok.

Pros: couple vegan choices, central location, ok price
Cons: pretty sweet but its down to preference

Dear Owner and Manager of Coccola: