Try the clay pot fried rice. Most dishes around $1. NOTE: May use fish sauce. Please confirm and inform HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese

First Review by fire horse
Tiamarena
Tiamarena

Yummy and amazingly cheap

4 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2014

Went here after seeing other reviews on trip advisor. Staff were very helpful when it came to telling us which dishes had fish sauce and eggs. They were attentive and friendly, and tried hard with their English. Between two of us we ordered 4 dishes and mineral water. Bill came to less than £3.50 in total! Same price as our return taxis!!

Pros: Clean, Tasty local food, Fresh
Cons: Distance from main hotels
Le
Le

Nice Place People And Food

5 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2013

Open after 4pm. English menu has less items than vietnamese.
Updated from previous review on Friday December 13, 2013

Pros: Clean, Cheap, Friendly
BradenPollock
BradenPollock

where the monks go

4 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

Off the beaten path. Mostly locals. The food is very good, the restaurant is clean and the service is great. Three entrees and two drinks was 103 Dong - just under $5 for two people.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday February 26, 2013

Pros: good food, clean, great service
Cons: the English menu is slightly higher priced, requires cab ride - although it will probably cost
efcliz
efcliz

Good food

5 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2012

Serves the best vegetarian food in Nha Trang, especially if you want to sit down in a restaurant rather than a food stall.

Both times we visited it was very busy indeed with local people. The menu was available in English and the staff spoke some English too.

Not a huge menu but plenty to choose from. Excellent salads, banh xeo, tofu dishes, rice, noodles etc, all very tasty and good portion size.

Pros: Nice interior
Cons: Not licensed for alcohol
Puddingcup
Puddingcup

They use fish sauce in some dishes

4 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2011

My partner and I went here and were given a Vietnamese menu instead of English. We found an English menu and checked to see what we ordered and realized that we had ordered a fish sauce hotpot and asked for a different dish. They had already made our fish sauce hotpot but made another one for us. We offered to pay for both but they only made us pay for one. The Thai hotpot we got was very flavoursome and filling.
Staff were very friendly, spoke little English, but if you get the English menu it doesn't really matter. If a dish contains fish sauce it will say so on the menu.
Otherwise the meals were very cheap and were made very quickly.

Pros: Delicious food, Cheap
Cons: Use fish sauce in some dishes

choogirl
choogirl

Nice restaurant

5 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2011

I went here in Feb 2010. My friend and I found the food to be really good quality and tasty. We had crispy tofu, a mango salad and pancakes with sprouts. This place is excellent value for money and worth the walk.

Pros: variety, value
Cons: bit of a walk
OT
OT

Limited Menu

3 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2011

I found the menu limited in choices. The food we ordered was tasty but unfortunately every dish was covered in coriander which detracted from the taste of the food. We ordered mineral water which was stated on the menu but received soda water. The prices are reasonable and the staff are friendly. Frequented by Vietnamese.

Pros: Friendly staff, English menu, Reasonable value for money
Cons: Too much coriander, Limited choice, No mineral water
sshssh
sshssh

be careful - they use fish sauce!!!

2 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2011

I went to this restaurant 3 times in 3 days, I tried other 2 in Nha Trang, but this was the best. Until I found out they are using real fish sauce! I just felt a taste of fish in the sauce they provided for the rice pancake, so I asked if it was fish sauce and the answer was yes. They apologized and I payed and went away.... Be aware!

Pros: good atmosphere, english menu
Cons: fish sauce
stltskn
stltskn

Nice get-away

4 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2010

This small little restaurant, not very hard to find, but 15 minutes walk from the tourist areas in Nha Trang. Since both me and my girlfriend prefer vegan food we headed for this restaurant. We were greeted and although they do not speak english, we felt welcomed. The food was very cheap, around $1 per dish and very tasty. We had 4 dishes and our favourite was the tofu-noodles and the noodle soup (cant recall the name).

Pros: Vegan, Cheap, Tasty
Cons: No english
fire horse
fire horse

Lovely little family restaurant..

4 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2010

Out the tourist area and well worth the trip a few blocks from the beach hotels (35 000 VND by air-con taxi - $2). Tomorrow I rent a bicycle for 25 000 dong for the day - easy to cycle to.

Good tasty food from a small menu- I had the curry (I asked for rice instead of bread) and crumbed and deep fried tofu and cauliflower. Tomorrow I am going to try the rice crepe and some other things from the menu. I'll keep going back as long as I'm in town.

A comfortable friendly atmosphere with nice interior. Busy with families, lots of Buddhist monks and nuns which is nice, couples and a few people on their own (including me). Not a lot of english spoken but they made the effort and even helped me to get a taxi after my meal(it was dark). A few Vietnamese people I spoke to said it's the best veggie restaurant in town and I won't argue with that - in my opinion it would be hard to beat.

Pros: clean, relaxed, polite staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Co Tam: