CLOSED: CNR Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe, restaurant, coffee bar, and beer garden. Makes some raw and vegan food, nut milks, smoothies, fresh juices, nut cheese, and raw desserts. Offers raw food and vegan food preparation classes. OCT 2015 REPORTED SHUT CONFIRMED BY ITS WEB MSSG. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Australian, Non-veg

lucyhind1993
lucyhind1993

My favourite cafe in the Perth CBD

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2015

I love Cnr Kitchen and I always bring my out of town friends here. The coffee is amazing (especially the bullet proof iced-coffee) and the food is fantastic.

The staff are always super welcoming too.

Pros: Great food, Great coffee, Good value
Cons: Not open 7 days :(
Miss_Goldie
Miss_Goldie

Vegan Big Breakfast

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2015

Really enjoyed the vegan menu options here. It's not a completely vegan restaurant which has its pluses because at least you can go with meat eaters and both order something satisfying. I had the vegan big breakfast on this occaision which was a good size with a good variety. It was served with some sort of cashew butter/cream which was delicious.

MaudPalmieri
MaudPalmieri

Great experience!!

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2014

The food was fantastic, the service was friendly and knowledgable! The place is welcoming, we strongly recommend to anyone to visit the cafe for a full meal or just a tea with cake.

FRUITnVEG
FRUITnVEG
  • fruitarian

Their values match their signature food!!

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2014

Their target market is paleo and also vegan. Their vegan food and drinks are insanely tasty!! Their vegan cooked breakfast is a must try! and lunch vegan raw pasta is also delicious!

Enquire about their "Suspended" service. This is where you can give as little as some loose change or as much as paying for a coffee or meal for someone who is in need of a kind gesture. They are very passionate about this unique service; ask inside for more details.

Big thumbs up!

Pros: Vegan options a thumbs up!!, Inviting, Signature home made food
alia_801
alia_801

Great spot for breakfast!

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2014

I walked for 30 mins from my hotel to get to this cafe for breakfast after reading some of the reviews below - and it didn't disappoint!

The staff were friendly, and the Big Vegan Breakfast, while not huge, was perfectly proportioned and portioned to keep me going all morning without feeling too full. There was a nice relaxed atmosphere, and it was clearly popular with some of the local cycling community too!

It's set back a little from the road, so look out for it carefully or you'll miss it, like I did the first time I walked past!

Definitely recommended!

Pros: Yummy food, Friendly staff, Relaxed atmosphere
Cons: A little hidden - look carefully!
ChantoozyThe Floozy
ChantoozyThe Floozy

Great Food // Lovely Staff

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2014

Been here a lot & at varying times.

There's a handful of vegan options, all of them are really freaking good.

Big Vegan b/fast is a fave [shrooms/hashie balls/beans/macadamia feta/toast/tomatoes/toast] ...I always get a side of avo too

Fruit toast is next level, even have Nuttalex to boot.

Have Vegan Chai also [staff were amazing today, letting me know - it's amazing good too!

Relaxed, chill vibe,- quite busy on w/ends

Pros: Food is consistently delicious, Vibe & decor, Nuttalex & Vegan Chai!
sababajc
sababajc

Worth going to

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2013

I went here for breakfast in Jan 2013. I finally have found a decent vegan breakfast! I had the vegan breakfast which came with beans, hashbrowns, mushrooms, tomato, toast and nut cheese made from macadamias. Well worth the $19 I payed for it because it was soooo filling.

Unlike many restaurants/cafes the staff actually knew what vegans were and what they could and could not eat. This was such a nice relief because usually when I go out I end up having to explain what I can eat etc. After my meal I wanted a chai latte so I asked the waiter if their chai latte stuff was vegan. He didn't even need to check this packaging and said no because it would have milk solids in it. So he then offered to make a vegan one for me by crushing some chai spices and mixing it with agave. It was amazing!!! but really I am just surprised at how they really strive to cater for everyone. This is how all restaurants should be.

They also have vegan nachos featuring some more nut cheese as well as some raw vegan granola. Some decent smoothies made from almond milk looked temtping. You can also choose between soy or almond milk so it's perfect for people who don't like soy. There could be more vegan meal options but considering it is not even a vegan only restaurant they sure impress.

Pros: Knowledgeable Staff, Tasty food (not bland), Good location
Cons: They sell meat
cseneque
cseneque

Vegan All-Day Breakfast

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

The vegan breakfast at CNR cafe is delicious. You get your choice of toast, mushrooms, tomato, homemade beans, sliced potato, onion relish, and a macadamia peppery soft 'cheese' (a highlight). Definitely worth checking out.

Pros: Excellent food, Breakfast served all day, Raw and soy-free options available
Cons: On the small side, so avoid busy times, No vegan desserts

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: CNR Cafe: